Friday, May 30, 2008

Memories in May

Yes, it is June and I started this blog a couple of weeks ago and am just getting back to it! I am still going to finish it! Yes, we have begun the bathroom and it is coming along! I will do a whole blog on the bathroom after completion. On Sunday night, we came home and couldn't find our dog, Maggie. After Brett drove around for awhile, he came home and found her in the back yard. She had been hit by a car. She was bleeding pretty bad and we knew some parts of her were broken. We didn't think she would make it through the night. Conner was still awake so we told him. He sobbed and sobbed and wanted to go out and see her. What a heartbreaking thing! You don't realize how attached to your dog you are until something happens...and worse, it is so hard to see your child so sad! To make a long story short...we took her to the vet and found she had two huge cuts that they stitched up, a broken back leg that they set and put a splint on, and other external injuries. Needless to say, she will be okay and gets to come home today. That is a hard decision to make...have her put to sleep or pay to have her broken bones fixed! It makes you realize she is part of the family! We chose to fix her and hopefully she can heal okay! Well, the rest of my blog is from May but I wanted to post it anyway! To all who read this...always remember you hold a special place in our family's heart! We love having great family and friends! Have a great day! I hope the sun is shining at your house!!!!


May is a month full of activities at our house, as I am sure it is for you too! School is winding down, there is baseball, field trips, baseball practice, school programs, PTO, baseball, field day, scouts, dance recital, and more baseball! Brett and I try to fit our weekly dates in as well!!! Tonight for our weekly date we are headed to Idaho Falls for dinner and Home Depot to pick out everything for our bathroom...(toilet, tub, sink, lights, paint...)that is right, the project of remodeling the bathroom is going to begin! I will keep you updated on that later as the project unfolds! I am SO EXCITED!!!!!


The girls had a fun dance recital this year. It was Kallie's first year in dance and she loved it! She was in the same class as her cousin Alexa. Each week they thought it would be fun to go to each other's homes after dance and play for the afternoon! They learn early how to make plans and "ask their moms"!





This was Malorie's 4th year in dance. She got to start tap this year, along with the ballet. She is becoming a beautiful dancer! We sure enjoy watching them do something they love!
The night of the dress rehearsal Conner had a baseball game so we got him ready for baseball so we could head to his game after the rehearsal! This is a busy time of life, but a fun time to enjoy with our kids!!! Brett is coaching Conner's baseball team again this year! He is a great dad and a great coach!





I cut my hair!!!! I got brave and decided to chop it off. I was looking back at pictures and realized I have had the same haircut for 4 years. It was definitely time for a change. Brett even consented to a shorter haircut. He usually likes my hair long, but I think he wanted a change too! It is a fun haircut...I have been doing lots of different things with it! I also got new glasses a couple of months ago (my glasses I had had for 8 years)! I guess I just needed a couple of changes! Change is good sometimes!



Our Memorial Day weekend was fun! Brett took Conner camping to Henry's Lake on Friday night. It was quite rainy, but they didn't mind. They just got inside their tent early and hung out together. While they were in the tent, a guy camping next to them in his big RV and fancy pickup said to his friends (so Brett could hear him), "That guy should go to jail for making his son sleep in a tent tonight! Brett had to laugh! Those guys were the ones missing out! Brett and Conner got up the next morning and went fishing with Brett's brother, Mike, on Henry's Lake. They caught some great fish!!!
While they were gone, us girls had "girl time"! I painted their fingernails and toe nails and put flower stickers on them! We had a fun time being together too!



Brett and Conner had to come back early from fishing so we could go do baptisms at the temple. On our way home from the temple (at 7:00 p.m.) Brett said, "We should take the kids back up fishing." I said that would be fun! He couldn't believe I would want to go up that late (it takes an hour and a half to get to Henry's Lake from our house). We both laughed and decided it would be fun, even if we only fished for 30 minutes. We got home and told the kids and they were so excited. We got ready to go and left our house at 7:45 and got up there at 9:00 p.m. It was starting to get dark, but Conner, Malorie, and Brett fished for an hour and each caught one! It was fun to see Malorie's face when she felt one on her line! Brett caught a six pounder that was 22 inches long! We had a super time and it will be something the kids will remember! On the way up fishing, Kallie fell asleep. She woke up while Brett, Conner, and Malorie were fishing. It was pretty dark and she could hear the rain. I was sitting in the van with her and Bryce. When she woke up she said, "Mom, it is cold. Pull the van into the garage!" She had no clue where we were. It made me laugh! I told her we couldn't move the van because there was a big lake in front of us! We stayed in the van while they finished fishing. Brett had put Malorie's fish in the cooler in the van. It kept flopping around. Everytime it would move around, Bryce and Kallie would laugh! It made me laugh! We had such a fun time that night!!!

We visited the cemetary this weekend. It was a good experience. We have had quite a few deaths in our ward recently so we walked around the Parker Cemetary and showed the kids all of the headstones from the people in our ward. As we walked, we also showed them quite a few relatives. My mom has a really big family and my grandparents and great grandparents are buried there. The kids thought it was fun finding their great grandparents' graves and their great-great grandparents graves on my side of the family! Memorial Day is a wonderful time to celebrate family and reflect on those that have passed before us and remember the good people they were! Going to the cemetary and looking at different graves was a learning experience for my kids as we shared stories about different people! It taught them a little about their ancestors and helped remind me what wonderful families we have come from! We truly are blessed!


Bryce's favorite part was going from grave to grave smelling the flowers! It is funny to listen to him smell! The noise he makes is funny!

7 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Oh I am so glad you posted your activities in May so we can see what you're family has been doing. Kallie, Malorie, and Conner look great in their dance/baseball attire. Your hair is super cute and I love the glasses! Bryce has grown tons since the last time I saw him. Way to go Brett on the catch-one big fish! Looking at your pictures makes me miss you guys even more! Looks like you're having a fun summer. I look forward to many more posts!

Nat and Justin said...

Happy to see you back! Oh my goodness I miss those kids - what fun pictures! Thanks for posting them so I can see them. :) I'm glad to hear that Maggie is ok. I've been asking mom for updates whenever I talked to her ever since I got your email. :) Tiff, your hair is SUPER cute and I also love the glasses - good choices and a good change! You look cute! I'm so excited for this weekend I can't even tell you! SEE YOU TOMORROW NIGHT!
Love you! Nat

Mylissa 2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mylissa 2 said...

Fun updates! It's fun to see what your family is up to. Your hair is so cute!!! I hope your dog recovers, my parents dog got ran over and he is fine. Your kids are getting so big, they are super cute!

Melissa said...

It was so good to hear from you on the comment on our blog. You have such a darling family! Blogs are such a fun way to keep in touch. I added you guys to my blog list too. Take care! The Zobrists

The Foster Bunch said...

You have been busy. So good to see what your family has been up to. Hope the remodeling is going great, can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Tanalyn said...

Hello Tiffany, don't know how i came upon your blog but i've enjoyed looking at it. it's crazy how you can get updated. i still just picture you and brett as the high school sweethearts. your kids are adorable!