Wednesday, December 16, 2009

We LOVE this time of year!

This time of year is so much fun! There is always a lot of things happening, but we LOVE it! I love the feeling of the whole month of December...the Christmas music, receiving Christmas cards, the excitement that radiates from the kids, time being spent with families and friends! What a great time of year! I hope we can all enjoy it and don't let it be stressful! Enjoy it because before too long it will be gone by once again!
In third grade at our kids' school, they get to make volcanoes. Malorie was so excited and wanted to make it gray and add red food coloring to look like the lava coming out! We experimented and got it how she wanted! Here she is putting on the final touches! They are going to erupt them soon at school! Malorie's masterpiece!
Last weekend was our ward Christmas party. All day long Bryce kept asking when he was going to church to see Santa. He couldn't wait to sit on his lap! However, when Santa walked in the gym doors and started chanting, "HO, ho, ho!", Bryce wasn't so sure that sitting on Santa's lap was the right thing for him to do this year! After a little convincing and bribing that Santa had a bag of candy for him, Bryce agreed as long as I would hold him the entire time we were in line! He did sit on Santa's lap with no tears, but that smile isn't too convincing that him and Santa are buddies yet! After sitting on his lap, he got down and wouldn't walk away. I think he thought Santa would give him Legos right there on the spot. We had to explain that Santa comes next week and brings our special toy when we are asleep!
Kallie was excited as ever! She thinks Christmas is plain magic! I love that age! Wouldn't it be fun if we all felt like a 5 year old! Life would be magical!
Malorie couldn't wait to tell Santa that she wanted a camera for Christmas! She loves to scrapbook and wants to take some of her own pictures!
Conner had to convince Santa he has been good ALL year long..."No Santa, I don't tease my brother or sisters EVER! I never make ANY of them cry! Believe me Santa!" (Haha!)
The girls are performing in the Nutcracker this year! They are so excited! This will be the first year their dance group has done this. Their performance is this Saturday. They have two performances. Kallie's group is the Chinese tea and Malorie's group is the Arabian dancers from the Nutcracker! I am excited to go as well! It will be my first time going to the Nutcracker performance....crazy, huh! I have never watched a performance of it! This year Kallie is in the same class as her cousin Alexa and her friend Jaidynn! Malorie has made a great friend named McKinley who has been in her dance class the last couple of years! Good luck girls! Do your best!
Monday night our family had a great Family Home Evening! (Sorry to those for the confusion of the time it started! I hope you were able to see it!) We went to a live nativity that a family in the Burton area puts on with others from the community and uses some of their animals as well. The kids loved watching it and petting the baby sheep. After the show they serve homemade donuts and hot chocolate! There was a great spirit there and what a neat thing to really focus on the birth of Savior and think about what He has done for each of us! I hope and pray we can all remember our Savior this time of year and enjoy our Christmas season!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

You guys are having tons of fun and look great. I don't have an email address for you, and I think I may have the wrong address for you, too. Will you send me your address at brooke_linton@hotmail.com and I will reply with our address? Thanks!

Tanalyn said...

5 years old is the greatest most magical time..........really it is until about 10 or 11! We all need to enjoy them while we can1 lol
You have a beautiful family Tiffany! Good Job!

johnandjana said...

I love this time of year also. Thanks for inviting us to the nativity. It was really neat. Thanks for always including us in the fun activities. We love all of you and hope you have a Merry Christmas. Thanks for the card you gave me about examples. Of course I cried. I hope I can always be a good example to you and the kids. Love ya.