Monday, March 14, 2011

Great Performers!

This last weekend Malorie performed in the Upper Valley Idol in Rexburg.  The day included a sound check with her music and a trip to Paul Mitchell to get her hair and makeup done.  Paul Mitchell does this for all of the kids in the show the day of the performance.  She was singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" so we wanted them to do her hair like Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz.  Her Aunt Cari had a Dorothy dress and we found ruby red sparkly shoes on ebay!  She looked like a little Dorothy!  I am not very happy with my camera though...I did not get very good pictures!  I think my camera is konking out on me-time to start shopping for a new one!  Here is a picture of her before the show (sorry, her eyes are closed, but the other one I took didn't even work!)
There were 15 kids that performed this year!  There were a lot of really good ones; it was a fun show to watch.  Malorie was 2nd on the list to sing.  She was kind of excited to be close to the first so she could relax after and enjoy the rest of the show!
Brett videoed it too.  Here is the clip: (we also don't have a decent video camera either, but hey, at least the phone will video)
After all of the kids sang the MC came down into the audience to have some of the kids' parents come on stage.  He didn't say what they were going to do, but we nominated Brett to go up with some of the other parents.  When the parents got up there they told them they were going to have a dance-off!  SWEET!  This should be good, I thought!  They told them to dance their best and then the audience would judge it!  Here goes-check out my man(he is guy on the right side)!
After they danced they picked 4 of them to have a dance-off again to find the winner!  They told them they were going to blindfold them this time so they couldn't see what each other was doing.  They blindfolded Brett and then they actually took the other 3 ladies off the stage, but Brett had no idea!  So here is Brett dancing solo, and then he realizes after he takes his blindfold off that he was the only one on stage! (I wish they would have let him dance longer-he was just getting into it!)
I always wanted to marry a man that could dance!
At the end of the show they announced the winners.  Every kid that participated got a t-shirt and a candybar and $10. 
Malorie got 3rd place so she won an additional $30, 2nd place got $50 and 1st place got $100.  We were pleased with her performance!  She did her best and had fun-that's what matters the most! (I took another picture at the end of Malorie by herself, but it didn't turn out either!  I was pretty bummed!)  It is a great opportunity for these kids to get on stage and sing in front of people!  Great job Malorie!  Keep singing girl!

6 comments:

The Foster Bunch said...

She did such a great job, and that husband of yours. I was about falling off my chair. I wish he wouldn't have figured it out!!! Great Job Malorie, you have a bright future ahead of you. Just remember all your relatives in Idaho when you become famous :)!!!!

Nat and Justin said...

Ok....I am sitting here, by myself, laughing my butt off at my brother. Oh that was awesome and made my day! I am so proud of Mal. I may or may not have teared up a little watching her. =) She is awesome. Sure love that girl, and all of you (and even my goofy brother!) Thanks for the smiles!

Unknown said...

Way to go Malorie!! You did great. and Brett.... I am still laughing!! You are awesome. Thanks for the entertainment again. What is next?

Angie Robison said...

Malorie did great. I think you need to sign Brett up for I think I can dance. He is a great sport. He did terrific.

Hadley Family said...

Great job Mal! You did an amazing job. We should get you and Mailey together for a duet she loves to sing as well. And Brett whow! Need I say more....I didn't know we had such raw talent in the family. I agree with Angie, lets sign him up! :)

johnandjana said...

Malorie was awesome and her Grandma did tear up Aunt Nat. She did so good. I am so proud of her and love her so much! I am glad she has decided to do this the last 2 years. It is a great experience for her. And for Brett, you had to be there. I still laugh out loud just thinking about it.