Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Little Catch-up

Today I realized it has almost been 2 weeks since I updated my blog!  Time goes faster and faster every week!  Spring is here and as I drove home from Rexburg today people were burning their ditch banks!  I love that time of year and I love that smell!
Kallie thought I was crazy when I said that today, but I loved growing up helping my mom burn the ditch banks and I still love doing it!  I told Kallie it is a sign that spring is really coming...the ditch banks get burned black and then new green growth comes!  It is a beautiful sight!  For those that have never done it, come to Egin in the next week or two and I will be cleaning the dead stuff from my yard and bushes and burning as well!  I can't wait!  Spring is really here!
A few weeks ago, my super cousin Patty, came to visit! (Ok, well her husband is my cousin, but I claim her too!  She is awesome and amazing and Brett LOVES her blog!  She is hilarious and we have had fun getting to know her better through blogging!)  She brought her cute baby, Kole, up and we visited for the day and ate nachos!  My sister brought her two girls over and my dad came to visit too!  Here is a picture of our kids all together!  (Bryce, Camri, Kallie, Kole, and Taylie)
Come up anytime Patty! 
A couple of weeks ago Kallie got the opportunity to be in Savior of the World with her cousin Alexa.  Their dance teacher was in charge of the dancing in it and asked these two girls, along with two other girls, to be in the scene when Elizabeth is imagining children in heaven.  Kallie and Alexa got to learn a little dance and come out on stage with their "heavenly moms" (dancing college girls)!  I have never been to Savior of the World before and it was amazing!  This is the first time they have added dancing to it and the first time they have had it in Rexburg.
This year was another first for our family!  Conner turned 12 and is now a deacon and received the priesthood.  This conference weekend was his first General Priesthood session and he went to it with his grandpas and uncles!  What a great blessing as a mom to see your son go to his first one!  He is growing up and becoming a great young man!  He is very respectful and kind!  His dad and him were willing enough to let me take a picture!  (They are good sports!)
General Conference was amazing as always!  I love to sit in my home with my family and listen to the messages from our prophet and other leaders and know they were given from our Heavenly Father.  Every conference I love to get a big puzzle out and put it together while I am listening.  I didn't take notes at all of the sessions, but I will share a few I did take!
  • God gave us families to help us become who He wants us to be!
  • The way we treat others shows our level of love for our Savior!
  • Attend the temple often-the power of our covenants is stronger than any problem we face!
  • You can't give the Lord a crust without receiving a loaf from Him!
  • Our answers usually do not come to us when we are on our knees but on our feet serving others!  God know each of us and knows what we need and He usually helps us through other people.
  • The most effective way to teach the gospel is through our example.  Preach the gospel at all times and if necessary use words.
  • President Monson challenged each of us to have a picture of the temple in every bedroom of our home.
I love that conference can speak to us each individually and that we can learn what we need to at the point of life we are in.  Two of my favorite talks were given by Elder Holland and Elder Scott.  I didn't take notes on those so I am looking forward to getting the Ensign so I can reread them!
Stay tuned...I still have a little catching up to do and the next post will be featuring our new pigs!  Enjoy your spring day!

4 comments:

Shan Reid said...

You are so right about the smoke from burning ditch banks being a sure sign of spring's arrival... I'm so glad it's here!

Patty said...

Oh Tiff... tear... thank you thank you for all the praise. I'll just let that soak in for a few days. I had a great time and want to come up again. I had never seen Koley so engaged and oh course I want more nachos! You are the perfect host and I look up to you in a lot of ways.
I love that ditch burning smell. Ken thinks it stinks... not me!

johnandjana said...

I love burning the ditches. Doug did ours the other day when I was in the house. I couldn't believe it. Lots of good things happening at your house. Love ya!

The Rigby Bunch said...

I love to burn ditches and whatever else I can!!! Must be in our genes huh!! Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun!!