Why is it that I can say "NO" to
rated R movies...
and drugs and alcohol...
and diet pills...
and cell phones for my kids at young ages...
and smoking...
and immodesty...
and crappy tv shows...
"pinterest" and facebook...
and games on my husband's phone...
and no shopping on Sunday...
and spending my day on the computer...
and sleeping in when I really want to...
when I can't say "NO" to food ALL DAY LONG!
I know all of those things listed above aren't bad...some are...and some I choose not to do for personal reasons or because I know I would spend too much time doing them, but how come it is so easy to let the food go in and then feel so crappy about it later? I hate that feeling and I hate that I allow myself to do that some days!!!! It stinks! Lately it feels like a never-ending battle! I have been working so hard for so long on trying to exercise and eat better and become more healthy...and then the last few months....slowly the habits start to break and I feel like I am starting ALL OVER AGAIN! I feel FRUSTRATED with myself!!! UGH!
6 comments:
Tiff I think everyone struggles with this, especially this time of year. Then the weather gets cold and we don't want to go outside and exercise like we should. It is frustrating. You are so amazing though that I know you will conquer this. You are so strong. I believe in you. Don't be so hard on yourself. You can do anything!
Right there with you but I have a lot of the other bad habits too :)
Hi Tiffany! Hope you don't mind me showing up at your party, but I do have one suggestion. You need a buddy. Somebody to make you accountable. Preferably someone you like. I can't believe the difference it makes to know someone is counting on me to come to the gym. Wish we were closer, I'd be your buddy if that meant I could reap some of your never ending smile.
I totally agree with all the above. I feel like I have a lot of control over myself in many aspects of my life but food is not one of them. In my mind a serving of oreos is a whole sleeve of oreos right??
I have decided food is comfort sometimes and it is too easy to get our hands on. I agree with everyone else...this time of year is always harder with the holidays...and a buddy is good to have. You do have quite a list of things you can say no to so that is really good. Look on the bright side and just keep working at it.
Tiff I totally know how you feel. Something I try and usually helps is to ask Heavenly Father in my morning prayers to help me see myself as he sees me and be willing to forgive myself if I mess up on one day or miss a day of exercise so I can go on and stay out of that never ending spiral of self hating. Just so you know I think you are beautiful and a wonderful mother and worth all the effort it takes to feel good about yourself.
Post a Comment