Wednesday, September 18, 2013

In a Matter of Minutes!

Our weather has been a little crazy around here the last little bit.  Awesome thunderstorms. Lots of lightning.  Tornado warnings just north of us in Island Park.  Tonight there is a chance it could freeze here in little Egin...that is what the weather man says.  SO...I went out and picked the produce out of my garden that I knew couldn't handle a freeze, and this is what I came up with:
The garden is still full of carrots, onions, potatoes, spaghetti squash, beets, and pumpkins...but they should stand a freeze alright.  Our garden has done SUPER WELL this year; all but the corn!  Maybe next year we can grow better corn!
We have a mysterious squash this year.  This is him:
Any ideas as what it might be?  I didn't buy seeds with a picture on the front of the package that looked like that little guy!  He has more friends out in my garden.  They aren't pumpkins, but they are all shapes!  I am pretty sure they aren't spaghetti squash...those are in another section of the garden.  I am not sure if when my kids and I were planting a few squash seeds got dropped and picked up and mixed with other seeds or what...but this one has me baffled!
I tried a few different peppers this year.  These are banana peppers!  Can't wait to try them!  The peppers went CRAZY!
Check out this bowl full:
The little ones are cayenne peppers.  There are a ton of those little guys underneath.  The big ones are anaheim chili peppers.  I think I smell some HOT, SPICY salsa coming our way!
I got in the house and about 15 minutes later it began HAILING and HARD!  Tried to take a picture of the grass with the hail.  Hmmm!  It is not the best, but oh well!
If you drive past my house and need a little produce, stop by!  Come on in!  Stay and visit for awhile!  Take some veggies!  I think I am going to make me a veggie omelet for lunch while all of the kids are in school!

1 comment:

Poulsen Family said...

If I lived nearby I would stop by!