Last fall I was involved in two running events. Our stake did a Temple Run Marathon. We did teams as wards and ran a marathon as a team to the Rexburg Temple. Our ward had 3 teams and we mixed the teams up so each team had runners and walkers. Each ward had to have matching shirts. We chose to tie-dye ours. We were the "Egin Weeds".
It was an amazing event to see so many ladies from our ward and stake involved. So many comments were made how some would never run a marathon by themselves, but with the help of others they could do it and be a part of a team.
It got me thinking about life and how there are always things in life that we probably wouldn't get through by ourselves, but with the help of other people it is possible! I truly believe Heavenly Father made life like that...others come into our lives at times we need them most. There are always lessons we can learn from others' examples.
It made me think about my young women's calling and the good ladies that serve with me. It takes all of us to make it run smoothly. One person couldn't do it alone...it takes the talents and testimonies of many to serve! I also love the opportunity to serve in callings! It amazes me how the church functions and we get to serve with different people in different times of our lives. I have learned so much from the ladies I work with. They all have different trials they face or have faced, and we all learn from each other and build one another up!
That is how families are set up too...to help one another and work as a team! I know in our little family when we all work together and support each other,
things seem to run more smoothly! It takes both Brett and I to parent together and it takes each of our kids to do their part! The thing I love about being a family is everyone's different personalities and strengths. Putting them together helps us work through our goals better, helps each of us be more confident to do things we didn't think we could do but realize we can when we have family members cheering us on, helps us laugh more, helps us through the sad times, helps us feel like we have a safe place even if scary things are happening in the world. Just last night as our kids sat around the dinner table eating grilled cheese sandwiches and soup talking about things that had happened at school that day to each other, I silently thanked Heavenly Father for a family! I love to see them share with each other! I love seeing them play together, laugh together, even argue together sometimes!
I am grateful for the good family I came from! We still get together often. I love my parents, my siblings, my siblings' spouses! Some of my siblings and their spouses and I were involved in the Temple to Temple Relay again this last fall! I think it is a neat event...running from the Rexburg Temple to the Idaho Falls Temple. It is about 32 miles, I think.
Most of us took different legs this year. Some wanted the same. Here is part of our team just before the race started.
My brother, Trever, took his same leg. He really liked running it last year!
All 3 of my brothers ran this year! They sure are super brothers! All younger than me, but all taller than me!
It was FREEZING cold this year! The wind was COLD!!! Here we are about halfway through the race...still cold! Waiting for the next exchange!
My two sister-in-laws that ran with us! They are great! I love them all!
(Whoops, those photos loaded backwards. )
My brother-in-law that ran with us! We were all teasing him because of his pack on his back with his "walkman" in it! He could have won the award for packing the heaviest pack! He is great too!
My camera died before we finished the race! I was really bummed! I ran the last leg this year that ended at the temple so all of my brothers finished the race with me! It was a great feeling to have all of my brothers by my side for the last little bit of the race! FAMILY ROCKS!

No comments:
Post a Comment