Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend and Lip Syncs

Memorial Day weekend was super fun! Brett and Conner went camping and fishing on Friday and Saturday with a couple of Brett's brothers and his sister. I had youth baptisms for the dead so the kids and I met them up by Henry's Lake on Sunday. Here are a few pics of fishing on Saturday:
My stud fishing
Conner with one of his great catches
Do you think they are catching very much right now?
Sunday when we got up there, the cousins were so excited to see each other!
We loaded everyone up and headed to Yellowstone Park for the day. Old Faithful was our first stop. When we got there, we still had an hour until Old Faithful went off so we decided to take a little hike that most of us had not been on before. It went behind Old Faithful. Here is the Johnson clan that came with us
Our family
After Old Faithful, we found a little picnic spot to eat lunch before continuing our yellowstone adventure.
The kids found a "teeter totter" to play on.
During the "hunt" for yellowstone animals, some of the cousins were sleepy:
It was fun to see all of the ice on Yellowstone Lake. Brett and his brother Mike wanted a "close up"view:
All in all it was a fun day, with the exception of the van breaking down as we came out of the park. We were just glad we were out of the park and that Mike and Laurie could rescue us and fit 11 people in their car...now that was a site I am sure!
On Monday, we went to the cemetary to put flowers on Grandma and Grandpa Orr's graves and to visit some of the other graves of close relatives.
We then went to Mom's house for a cookout, planted her flowers for Family Home Evening, and ended the day with smores! What a great weekend!
I just got put in Young Women's and I am learning all about that! I have never served in Young Women's before. When it gets noisy or I want their attention, I catch myself putting up my "scout sign"! They think it is pretty funny! We have a great group of young women...most of them I already knew, but it is fun to get to know their personalities and know them better. Last night we had a fun activity. The Beehives were in charge of it and it was for all of the young women. They put us in groups and we did lip syncs!The girls did a great job because they only had 20 minutes to prepare it with the props and song they were given! They were really creative! It was a fun way to "break the ice" for all of the new leaders and for all of us to "show our true talents" (haha!). The girls loved it and yes, us leaders even did one! You go, girls!

10 comments:

Mel12 said...

You will love young womens it is a lot of fun and a lot of hard work. Good Luck

Nat and Justin said...

Sheesh you are fast! It was fun to hang out with your fam - can't wait for the reunion! Love you guys!

Angie Robison said...

Young Womens is fun but so time consuming. You love it while you are there then when you get released your like wow so glad to be done. You will do a great job!!!!

Sid and Kelli said...

Okay- I look like I have Chemo in that picture! It was a lot of fun and Tiff you had some serious moves going on last night! You never know what someone can do!

johnandjana said...

Looks like everyone had a great time everywhere. I appreciated you guys doing my flowers. They look beautiful and Thanks for being so sweet and organizing that. Have fun in Young Women's. It's a great place o be.

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

this is the perfect calling for you. Thank you for your comment on my blog....I love to hear about inspirational running experiences. Keep up the good work.

Jensen Memories said...

I am also in Young Womens in our ward and I love it. It is so much fun.

Sanders Clan said...

Great pics! Looks like the fishing was fun! I can't wait to get goin myself. Sounds like a fun weekend! Congrats on the young womens calling, you'll do awesome!

The Rigby Bunch said...

I'm a little slow reading everyone's blogs! But it looks like you guys had a great memorial weekend too! Tell Brett he'll catch more fish if he smiles! HAHAHA! Oh and great pics of all us crazy girls! I'm excited to be with all you great women!

The Foster Bunch said...

Tiff,
To answer your guestion. Karen is from Paraguay were Garrett served his mission. Garrett was close with their family, and then she came and lived with my in-laws for about 6 months. This was right when I was getting ready to have Nakeaden. She then has been back many times.We have stayed in touch ever since. She is currently attending BYU, so now hopefully we can see her some more. The picts are cute, it looks like you had a fun weekend. Good Luck in Young Womens!!