Thursday, September 24, 2009

BOYS and a BADGER!

Brett and I have reached a point in our family where Conner is old enough to leave with our kids and be our BABYSITTER while we go on DATES! He is doing a GREAT job of it! We usually only leave him for a couple hours at the most, but this weekend we decided to leave him with the kids while we went to the temple. I was a little hesitant because he couldn't get ahold of us while we were in the temple. I made sure my mom was home in case he needed to call someone if he had a problem. (Thanks mom for calling and checking on him!) Sure enough he did great! All was well when we returned home. Bridger had come to spend the night and when we got home, all of the kids were playing "dress up". This is what we came home to see...Conner (the babysitter) and Bridger playing right along with the kids...
Brett wanted to get one more trip to Yellowstone in before our pass expired this year so the next morning he woke Conner and Bridger up at 5:00 am and they headed to Yellowstone! Brett loves being there early in the morning as the sun is coming up and sure enough it was another beautiful day to enjoy the park seeing the animals...Their last stop was at Old Faithful where Old Faithful is as faithful as ever...The boys had a great time and love spending time together! It is nice to have such great cousins! After a picnic lunch and ice cream, the van headed home!
Conner is playing football this year. He has really enjoyed it and is learning the art of tackling(he is number 30-you can see the 3 on his jersey)!This is his first year playing and he is still trying to learn all of the plays! It is a lot of practicing every night after school. He likes to come home and show us his "football bruises" from tackles and cleats! Go get 'em boys! So far they have won 2 and lost 3. It has been a warm season and those boys are just SWEATING after the games!
To end this post, this morning we opened the windows in our living room and I could see something out in my garden. I couldn't tell what it was because it was in the middle of the corn. I thought, "Man that sure is a big cat!" I watched it for a minute until it came into a better view and out came a BADGER! I thought raccoons were the results of stolen corn, but I think they have buddies that like the garden too! We watched it run out of our garden and across the road into the ditch and then into the neighbors weeds! I think that must be what our dog was barking at last night!

7 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

We'll have to come watch Connor play.

GardinerGang said...

Oh the joys of having a built in babysitter. That's great for you guys.

Sid and Kelli said...

Watch out next time you get some corn!!!!

johnandjana said...

The badger is a bit scary. They are really mean. Hopefully it won't be back.

robcallfamily said...

Keep up our good work Conner, with football. I wish we could make it to a game, but probably not until next year. I hope your belly is feeling better from yesterday! haha!

Tamsen said...

Oh, I dream of the day when I have a child old enough to watch the others...Good for you!

The Rigby Bunch said...

I love built-it babysitters! I wouldn't know what to do without Bryndi, she is great and we love her! Way to go Connor, Britton is excited to play football some day! Stay away from those badgers, they're mean little critters!! :)