Sunday, October 11, 2009

Birthday, Conference, Birthday!

Birthday #1-Kallie's birthday was on October 1st and talk about an excited little girl! Every day for about 3 weeks we had a countdown and she didn't skip a day! She turned 5 and can't wait to start kindergarten next year! This year for her birthday she wanted ladybug cupcakes for when her friends came over for a party...(I wasn't sure how to make them, but good thing for the internet with lots of ideas that you can pick and choose from!)...and she wanted a butterfly cake for when her grandparents and cousins came over! She had everything all planned out in her mind. The kids were out of school for her birthday because of potato harvest so Malorie wanted to be in charge of all of the games at the party for Kallie and her friends! I happily agreed to that! She did a great job! They played games and Kallie wanted to make bracelets. The girls had fun doing this and making their own bracelet to take home! Kallie was a very excited birthday girl! She is at a fun age where EVERYTHING is exciting to her! She loved her new coat and can't wait to wear it this winter! Happy 5th birthday, Kallie! We love you! General Conference was last week and I LOVED IT! Brett and I had gone to a fireside a couple of weeks before conference and they talked about how we all need to "step it up and try to do a little more". We always listen to the Sunday sessions of conference, but sometimes we don't always hear the Saturday sessions of conference...so this time we made a committment to try and "step it up" and do a little better in listening to conference! It turned out to be JUST what I have been needing the last little while! My two favorite talks were on Saturday...Elder Bednar and Elder Uchtdorf! Here are a few highlights of conference that I really loved and stuck out to me:
  • Express love and show it! Say it, mean it, and CONSISTENTLY show it! When is the last time we told our spouse and our kids that we loved them?
  • Bear testimony and live it! When is the last time your spouse and children heard you bear your testimony?
  • Be CONSISTENT! (FHE, scripture study, family prayers) Even if we don't see the results soon, it will bless our lives! Be more consistent in the small things that matter most!
  • Love is the core message for the plan of happiness!
  • Even if we feel uncomplete, God loves us completely!
  • Seek for the Holy Ghost to be with us daily! Look for the sunshine moments daily! (Holy Ghost)
  • And the main message that I got from conference and that I needed right now is that my Heavenly Father knows me and loves me! I have always known that, but I felt a strong witness of it as I sat and listened to our great leaders speak to us! I know He loves all of us and knows the things we are going through! What a wonderful conference! If you didn't get a chance to listen to it, I hope you can read it in the Ensign in November!

Birthday #2-Malorie turned 9 yesterday! She has been wanting to get her ears pierced for the last few weeks so we decided to do it for her birthday. She took one friend, Jalyssa, down to Idaho Falls with us for the day. Our whole family went down and did a little shopping, lunch at Chuck-a-rama, and got her ears pierced. Here is the BEFORE...and AFTER! She was really nervous that it would hurt, but after they did the first one, she said, "That didn't hurt!" She did great and didn't even cry! They gave her a "magic bear" to hold! She said the thing that made her the bravest was having her friend there with her! Last night we had a party with our extended family! She LOVES anything High School Musical and her family sure knows her...she got a High School Musical #3 DVD...HSM hats, gloves, books, and a HSM doll... and other fun gifts that she LOVES from other family members! She also loved her birthday jar from Grandpa and Grandma Johnson (thanks grandma and grandpa...we miss you while you are on your mission, but we are always thinking of you!)

Having cousins come is a great thing! Having all the cousins smile at the same time is quite a task, but we managed pretty well last night! Malorie wanted a "Littlest Pet" birthday cake for her birthday! Happy 9th birthday, Malorie! We love you!

12 comments:

Sid and Kelli said...

Your are the Birthday cake Queen! I need to do that more often plus I love how you have two birthdays close that you make an effort to make them different. Hunter and Porter are so close that I have always made one cake and had a party with both birthdays. I need to start doing them seperate and making them more special!

The Foster Bunch said...

The cakes were adorable Tiff, you are such a good mom. I love that you have all the cousins over. It reminds me of when we were kids, birthdays were so fun with everyone there. Happy late Birthday Kallie & Malorie.

Team Hanni said...

Happy Birthday to your cute girls! The cakes are adorable. So fun!

We were in Park City for Conference weekend. We ran into Brett's parents at the Family History Center. How fun to see them! They treated all of us with yummy cookies and a special tour of the center. What great people they are!

Debi and Craig said...

You are a good mom!! Look at all that work you put into your girls birthdays... Lucky girls to have you. Thanks for sharing!!

Lombardi Update said...

Cute girls!! My favorite session was also on Saturday, thank you for the reminder and you testimony it was awesome.

Sanders Clan said...

Happy Birthday Malorie and Kallie!! Tiff you do such a wonderful job with birthdays! I love the cakes and cupcakes! Thanks for sharing your favs about conference, I like to hear what others think about it.

Angie Robison said...

Happy birthday to your girls. Two in October, you better hope they don't marry potatoe farmers.

voleen.blogspot.com said...

Malorie and Kallie happy belated birthday's. Can't beleive you are growing up so fast in being young lady's. Kallie just seems like yesterday that Aunt Leen came to the hospital to see right after you were born. What a sweet little soul. Malorie what apple of my eye you are to Aunt Leen. Love you both.Always remember you have the sweetest mom ever there was.

johnandjana said...

Happy birthday to my 2 little sweethearts again! It was fun to share in your b-days and I know you got lots of fun stuff-HSM Queen. I missed Saturday conference so thanks for sharing that with me Tif. I can't wait to read the talks.

weloveadoption said...

Wish I could have been there for Malorie's birthday. I can't believe you got your ears pierced. That is so cool! It was fun being a part of Kallie's birthday and seeing all of you and your family. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Hailee said...

Wow super mom, i learn so much from you and brett and your girls are so cute.

The Rigby Bunch said...

Way to go Tiff! I love the birthday cakes! So creative and special, you're hired as my birthday cake maker!! Be ready I have two coming up in November!! haha!! Bradyn had so much fun at Kallie's party. She loves her bracelet! And way to be BRAVE Malorie!! Your earrings are so cute!!