Monday, June 28, 2010

Reunion in Kilgore!

This year my brother David and his wife Heather were in charge of our family reunion. They planned a camping trip to Kilgore, Idaho! They did a super job planning and here are some of the highlights from the trip! Most of us took a hike into Alduous Lake. It was a great hike to take kids on (about 1.3 miles in and 1.3 out). The kids did a great job for the most part; some of them needing to be carried a couple of times or needed a little "help" at the end of the hike. This picture was taken at the beginning of the trail. Brett and I ready for the hike!
We have arrived at the lake and are having a little snack before heading back.
Alduous Lake-It was so pretty up there! If you haven't been you should come and visit us and we will take you!
Our family at the lake.
David and Heather planned some fun games for the second afternoon. We laughed and laughed and laughed! They were games taken from that tv show "Minute to Win it"! What a hoot! One game we had to dip our nose in vaseline and then dip cotton balls on our nose and carry them to another table and put it into a cup without using our hands the whole time! Here is Malorie with a cotton ball on her nose.
And now Conner is taking his turn to see if he can make it clear to the other table without dropping the cotton ball!
My family made me go last because I had a cold sore on my nose and for some reason no one wanted to get it! Hahaha! I showed them and beat them all at this game!
We played some other funny games and then the last competition was the "Chubby Bunny" game where you see who can get the most marshmallows in their mouth and say "I am a chubby bunny" each time you add another marshmallow! Brett ended up winning this one by getting 19 marshmallows in his mouth! We could not quit laughing!
For winning this last game of "chubby bunny", Brett was the "Minute to Win it" champ! It was quite entertaining!
A little cousin time at the reunion...Conner and Bridger loved taking 4 wheeler rides together! We took some really pretty 4 wheeler rides! It is beautiful country up there.
The girls...Camri, Malorie, Kallie, and Jacie (not pictured...Lizzie, Taylie, and Isilee).
Bryce and Tyce loved the 4 wheelers and would just sit on them and pretend they were driving. Bryce thought it was awesome to wear the helmet too! Silly little boys, but it sure kept them entertained when the 4 wheelers weren't actually going!
Conner and Bridger wanted to sleep in this tent together. At the reunion two years ago they did...but I think they have both grown quite a bit since then. They are going to have to pass it on to the little boys!
Kallie and Jacie playing a little peek-a-boo around the tree.
Siblings will be siblings!
There were hills at our campsite and the kids could ride bikes or 4 wheelers on them...
or run around on them...
I am sad...I didn't get pictures of everyone while we were there, but family, just know you are all loved! It was a super reunion and I am happy to belong to such a wonderful family! Families are great!

4 comments:

weloveadoption said...

It was a fun reunion. I guess we will have to do some sharing of pictures that we all took. It looks like you got some fun ones from the games.

Debi and Craig said...

Is this the same place we went on our fourth year hike as teens?? It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! We might try that this year. The hike I mean we try never to have fun. ;)

Lombardi Update said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I am going to have to steal the vasaline game, waht a fun idea.

The Rigby Bunch said...

Love your pics Tiff! What a fun reunion....i love it! Way to go Brett! 19 Marshmellows, i'm gagging just thinking about it! You guys are awesome!