Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth FUN!

We went to the 4th of July parade this year in Ashton.  We decided to try something new this year...after the BORING Rexburg parade last year!  The results...not too bad!  I have never been to a parade where they go up the street and turn around and come all the way back!  The good things about the Ashton parade...
  • Not as crowded
  • The kids got a ton of candy
  • See everything twice-haha
  • Something different this year!
I will say though...I think it was the COLDEST 4th of July parade I have been to.  It was a cold morning here in Idaho, but it warmed up throughout the day and ended up being quite nice!
The rest of the day consisted of a BBQ at our house with family,
ladder ball games (they really got into it~little competitive?  hmmm...I think so!),
choo-choo train games (all hooked together with jumpropes!),
guys going golfing, taking the kids swimming, and Pizza Hut pizza and movies to finish it off!  (We watched fireworks the night before and then again on Monday!)

6 comments:

weloveadoption said...

It did look cold by the looks in the pictures. The Caribou County Fair does the parade like that, too. They go up and then come back down so you get to see everything twice. You get lots of candy I guess. Looks like your 4th was fun.

Destry and Liz said...

You guys sat right next to us..well across the road, and I didnt see you! You should tell Destry that the Ashton parade really is better and more fun than rexburg...he doesnt believe me and the stinker wouldnt come this year!

Jill said...

Hey my Brother in law is from Ashton Idaho, and my Dad grew up in Marysville. Why did you guys go there? Glad you had a great time!

The Rigby Bunch said...

We went to the Ashton parade this year and loved it too. We were just down the road from ya!

Hailee said...

Looks like fun. Next year you will have to make the trip to malad, they have the best parade and fourth events ever. we would love to have ya;)

johnandjana said...

It was fun and the barbecue in your yard was great. Thanks for inviting us. Love my Fam!!!!