It is SNOWING this morning! I am quite excited! It has felt so brown lately...I love having a white Christmas! Who knows if it will stay this time, but I am enjoying watching it fall this morning! Just to record this...Monday, I was driving past the golf course, Teton Lakes, and there were TONS of cars. I couldn't figure out why until I drove a little farther and noticed the golf course was PACKED! Every hole was full of golfers! How often does that happen in Rexburg, Idaho, on December 12th!
Monday night for Family Home Evening we went to Burton to the live nativity. It is a little performance a couple of families put on and they re-enact the events surrounding the Savior's birth. The performance is outside, and there are probably 30-40 people in it. It is a great little performance that lasts about 20 minutes-just the right amount of time for little kids! They have animals you can pet too, that are part of their performance. After it is over they serve homemade donuts and hot chocolate! If you get a chance, take your family out to it. It is a lot of fun!
Bryce and Kallie LOVED the big ol' sheep! He was monsterous and VERY friendly!
He kept trying to stick his nose out to them so Kallie stuck her nose up by his!
I loved the donkey they used as Mary and Joseph's.
They have four nights left to perform. They do 2 performances each night: one at 6:15 and one @ 7:00, except on Christmas Eve they do them at 5:15 and 6:00. The nights they have left are Sunday Dec. 18, Monday Dec 19, Friday Dec 23, and Saturday Dec 24th. The address is the Butte-Vu Farms, 1200 South 6000 West-in Burton. If you need a phone #, I have that too.
Last week for preschool, the letter was S. My friend, Laurel, was in charge for the week. On Thursday she wanted to take the kids to BYU-I to do a "S"-canvenger hunt and find all of the Christmas trees in the Manwaring Building. All of the moms came along for this little field trip. The kids had a great time finding the trees. She gave them each a sheet with the Christmas trees on it and some stickers so when they found a certain tree they put a sticker by it.
While we were there, some people told us Santa was on the third floor...oh, that works-another "s" word. We took the kids up to see Santa and have a picture with him. Bryce is not a big fan of Santa still. He asked me if he could just write Santa a letter and have his sisters give it to him this year so he didn't have to sit on his lap. I told him Santa would want to see him with the letter. He was brave and didn't cry when he went to sit on Santa's lap, but I thought he was going to hyper-ventilate! He was breathing so hard while he was talking to Santa. (A couple years ago he didn't even want to come out in the living room to see what Santa brought him because he thought Santa was still at our house.)
We will see Santa again Friday and Saturday night at 2 different parties. After seeing him at preschool, he said "K, I saw him. Now I don't have to sit on his lap at the parties." I said, "What about your letter to him? You haven't given it to him." He looked at me with a fake smile and said, "Oh ya." Then he thought for a moment and said, "That wasn't the real Santa anyway. He was in a costume, Mom." So we talked about how Santa had to have lots of helpers because he is really busy right now and we never know which one is the real Santa and which ones are his helpers. He said, "Oh, I know which one is the real Santa!"
After seeing Santa we went to "S"-ubway for "S"-andwiches! It was a fun day of preschool. We will have to have more preschool outings like that where the moms can go and visit too!
Oh, what goofy kids! They have a lot of fun together! Lindsay, Lily, Bryce, and Reagan







2 comments:
What a fun day for preschool, and I was so excited to see snow today as well. I only wish it would keep coming.
Thanks for the info on the live nativity. I think we might just go and see it. Merry Christmas
Post a Comment