Many of you know that I LOVE the show "THE BIGGEST LOSER". I am not a big tv watcher...we watch the news at night and sometimes we watch PBS or news from throughout the day while Brett and I are playing a game of Scrabble or another game of our choice just for some background noise. But, "THE BIGGEST LOSER" is a MUST every week. I don't get to watch it on Tuesday nights because I have mutual...I have to have my parents DVR it for me and then I watch it during the week sometime. (That makes it nicer anyway because then I can watch it in a lot less time because I can skip the commercials.)
This season the theme on "THE BIGGEST LOSER" is "NO MORE EXCUSES".
Every week they highlight a different excuse that people come up with for why they can't lose weight or become healthy..."I don't have time to exercise." "I can't cook nutritious meals." "I don't have a gym membership." "I am addicted to junk food." "I have an injury or my body aches." "I can't get out of my comfort zone." "It is too hard." "I don't know where to start." "I will start on Monday." The list goes on and on. We all have different excuses and we know what they are.
Here are a few quotes I have heard from this season that I have really liked...
"WE CAN KEEP MAKING EXCUSES OR WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE!" I LOVE this quote becuase it can go with ANYTHING that we need to change in our lives! There is always something that we know we can do better or an area that we want to improve in our life. It is not always easy, but we have to start! It is our choice-not someone else's. If there is something you want to change in your life; then DO IT! It may take a LONG time, but you can do it! I REALLY needed this quote!
"WE CAN KEEP MAKING EXCUSES OR WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE!"
Along with this quote they said..."It takes desire and determination!" I love these two KEYS-1)we have to desire it-no one can do it for us and we can't do it for someone else. We have to have a desire to change ourselves. 2)We have to be determined. It is easy to give up when things are hard. I know. I have done this before. Sometimes we fail and we have to get back up and try again...sometimes even start over, but I think that is where the growing comes in. We become a better person for working hard at something! (I know Heavenly Father will help us too, if we do our part.) Also, sometimes we need support from other people to help us stay motivated!
The other one I liked is they said-BEING OVERWEIGHT-No matter how much you weigh-if you are still overweight you are still unhealthy! If you are not moving-you are not losing! I think people tend to do these "quick-fix" diets and lose weight fast, but that is not healthy! We have to incorporate exercise to BE HEALTHY and eat healthy as well!
I love this show and I like watching people take control of their lives and become healthier! This is a goal of mine-to work hard at becoming healthier!
Here are a few other quotes that I heard at church a few weeks ago that really struck me and that have stayed with me. Maybe someone else needs them as much as I did.
"Our answers usually don't come while on our knees, but on our feet while we are serving others.-Elder Uchtdorf
"Sometimes we find Christ through adversity. Sometimes adversity comes because He loves us and wants us to become closer to Him." (I don't know who that quote was from, but I liked it.)
Have a super day!

No comments:
Post a Comment