As I was sorting, I came across this one of my kids. This was before Bryce was born.
Now they are a little bit older! Getting their own styles, but still loving to be sisters. It is fun to watch their different personalities come out even in what they like to wear. Kallie is our little "glitter girl"!
They both won the poetry contests for their classes this year during reading week. They were both so excited to come home winning a $5 bill. Malorie's poem was about chocolate. Kallie's was about a pig.
Hard to believe Malorie is going to be in Young Womens in October. We had our New Beginnings in Jaunary and all of the girls that turn 12 this year were invited with their parents. Yes, Malorie was one of them.
And then I found one of Conner...this was his kindergarten picture when we lived in Rigby. He was 5. By now I am a little teary!
And then his 6th birthday. Only a few of the cousins were born at this time.
Now he is a teenager. This was his 13th birthday this year. We celebrated it at the bowling alley with Grandpa Poulsen's birthday too. Their birthdays are 3 days apart.
A few more cousins were at this one! (And this isn't all of them.)
He got to go to his first junior high night dance in January. He was actually pretty excited. I don't know if he was more excited to go to the dance or to go to the dance without crutches. He had gone to an after-school dance earlier in the year and had to go with his crutches. He said it was a lot easier to dance this time. This is him and our neighbor/cousin Levi.
Conner's biggest accomplishment in the last month-he is officially taller than me! Almost every day he would walk up to my side to see who was taller. He finally made it! It won't take him long to grow another foot. We will see if he grows taller than his dad.
And now for Bryce-found these of him as a baby. Yes, lots of tears were coming now. My kids are growing up! It is hard to believe that the "baby years" are all over.
Now Bryce is 5. He just had his 5th birthday in January. Not so little anymore-even though I still make him sit on my lap sometimes...okay, I try to make all of them still sit on my lap or at least cuddle with their mom at times. (Conner is not such a big fan of that!)
He has loved having preschool this year and I have loved being one of the teachers. He had to get his kindergarten shots last week and on the way there he said, "Mom". I said, "What?" He said, "You know I am not very excited about this today!"
He did a great job though...cried for only a bit-had to have 3 shots. Best part, he got a Big J's ice cream cone after they were over.
Can't believe he is that big! He can't wait for kindergarten though. Every day he asks me if today is kindergarten registration. (I think he thinks that is when he starts kindergarten.) He has made a fun buddy this year. Her name is Lindsey. They moved into our ward this fall. They love playing together. She came to play a couple of weeks ago and they had a great time outside.
A few tears were shed that day in the scrapbook room, but I couldn't be happier! I think the tears came because of the memories that went with the pictures. I wouldn't trade where we are today though! I sure love these kids and I know they will just keep on growing up and my love for them will grow right along with them!












5 comments:
This made me tear up too!
I love being Poulsen.
Well, the tears don't run far from the Mama Poulsen. I was crying right when I started reading this. Now, you can see why I always get teary-eyed over my kids growing up. I love you all very much!!!!
Enjoy because pretty soon Bryce will be graduating from high school. That is where I'm at and not enjoying it at all.
I am crying right along with everyone else. Looks like we all have a few memories of when your kids were littler. Such good kids and you should be proud of the good mom you are to them. I cry now with Lizzie growing up and she is only 3. Wonder what it will be like in 10 more years when she is as old as your oldest turning 13. I guess it doesn't hurt to cry once and awhile.
Tif, what a beautiful blog. Totally with you on the 13yr old checking the height. It is always a little wierd when there is less years until they leave home than you have had with them already.
Post a Comment