November is the month of being thankful! There are many things I am thankful for, but am only going to share a few from now until Thanksgiving. I wanted to start at the beginning of November and do one each day...didn't quite get started when I wanted to. I counted up the days until Thanksgiving and decided I could do things I am thankful for using the letters in "THANKSGIVING"...so starting today I will share one thing each day that I am thankful for starting with the "THANKSGIVING" letters! You can do it too on your blog! I would love to read everyone's ideas! There are so many things to be thankful for. I think when we reflect on our blessings we are a happier people! Take time these next two weeks and do this with me! Start today and you will end on the day before Thanksgiving. Start tomorrow and you will end on Thanksgiving day! I would love to know if you are doing it so I can read your blog too!
T-TEMPLES!
Brett and I were married in the Idaho Falls Temple December 20, 1997. This year will be our 15 year anniversary. I am so thankful to have temples on the earth. Being married in the temple gives us promised blessings of living with our family forever if we keep our covenants.
I love this blessing knowing I can be with my family forever if I try to do what is right! I love this quote by our prophet, Thomas S. Monson
"As we touch the temple and love the temple, our lives will reflect our faith. As we go to the holy house, as we remember the covenants we make therein, we will be able to bear every trial and overcome each temptation."—Thomas S. Monson
None of us are perfect and that is one of the blessings of having temples-to learn more about our Savior and how we can become better each day. Now we have a temple in Rexburg. I love living so close to a temple that I can see up on the hill. It stands out and gives you a peaceful feeling as you see it on the hill. Two more quotes I would like to share:
"I know your lives are busy. I know that you have much to do. But I make you a promise that if you will go to the house of the Lord, you will be blessed; life will be better for you."-Gordon B. Hinckley
"You are never lost when you can see the temple. The temple will provide direction for you and your family in a world filled with chaos. It is an eternal guidepost which will help you from getting lost in the 'mist of darkness.'"—Gary E. Stevenson
I loved these promised blessings given to us by our leaders. They give us so much peace and direction in our world today.
This summer we took our family to the open house of the Brigham City Temple. I loved taking our kids through such a beautiful place and the good feelings we felt as we went on the tour. It was a little bright trying to get some outside pictures.
Temples make it so we can be with our families forever. My family means EVERYTHING to me!
"There exists a righteous unity between the temple and the home. Understanding the eternal nature of the temple will draw you to your family; understanding the eternal nature of the family will draw you to the temple."—Gary E. Stevenson
"When you come to the temple you will love your family with a deeper love than you have ever felt before. The temple is about families."—Richard H. Winkel
The things that matter in this life aren't THINGS-it is our FAMILY! We were at the open house with our extended family as well. We got a few pictures outside the temple with some of them and on our bus ride back to our cars after the open house.
This next week we get to go to the broadcast of the Boise Temple Dedication. I look forward to that and taking our 3 older kids to that. (Bryce isn't old enough yet. You have to be 8.) I hope and pray that my kids will have a love for temples and make it a goal of each of theirs to be married in the temple someday! One last quote I found that I want to share!
"I urge all who have not yet received these greatest of all blessings within the walls of the temple to do whatever may be necessary to qualify to receive them."—James E. Faust
I love that this can be a blessing for all of us if we prepare ourselves. What a wonderful thing Heavenly Father has given us on this earth to feel closer to Him and to learn the things we need to know to return to live with Him some day.







No comments:
Post a Comment