It is our last week of school here...Friday is the last day and our kids CAN NOT wait! They are ready for the fun of summer! Hopefully the weather gets a little warmer by then! Summer is always a great time of year! Here are a few summer activities from LAST SUMMER that I never had time to blog about. These are some of the reasons why we are looking so forward to summer once again:
1. Beautiful sunsets-Sunsets around here are always pretty, but there is something about a summer sunset with the green fields and the sprinklers going. I love that!
2. Parades-Time to mingle with lots of family and extended family and friends that gather to see their families
3. Swimming days
4. Family Reunions-We have a family reunion on each side of our family each year. I posted about the Johnson reunion back here. Brett and I were in charge of the Poulsen reunion last summer. Here is a recap of that reunion:
Sweets Candy Tour at their factory-That was a yummy "field trip"!
Hogle Zoo
Hello Mr. Polar Bear-You are quite close and entertaining!
Who measures up?
What in the world are you petting, Bryce?
Lagoon-the whole Poulsen clan
Bryce's first year on the white roller coaster.
He did it! The whole family rode it!
And he rode it again later in the day with Conner-in the front seat! (Mom was a little nervous!)
Rides with cousins
More Lagoon time.
Ride with my sister! Don't scream too loud!
Little front row seat in the Collosus too! (Not Bryce-Conner and Malorie)
Malorie trying the Samuri with Aunt Lindsay
Skits and a picnic-The pictures speak for themselves! These kept us laughing!
Brigham City Temple Open House-Great way to end our reunion! A beautiful temple!
5. Camping near Jackson-just Brett and I
Taking a ferry across Jenny Lake to hike
Hidden Falls
Inspiration Point
6. Camping
7. Hiking the wind caves-Ready to start the hike
The wind caves up behind us(the big hole up in the mountain)
The mouth of the caves
Inside of the caves
Looking at these pictures I can't believe we let our kids hike all over these rocks without closer supervision! Glad no one fell!
Bring on this summer! We are so ready to enjoy its presence! Do you have anything fun planned this summer? I would love to hear! I am looking for some fun ideas! I am also looking for someone to feed my kids for the summer! haha! Summer is when the grocery bill goes up as well! Lots of snacks and growing children! I wouldn't trade it though! I love having them home to enjoy summer!
















































2 comments:
Wow!! What a great recap! Makes me want to start making lots of plans and just do a redo of your last Summer. haha Have a great break!!
That was a fun flashback. It makes me want to plan another trip to Lagoon. By the way I need a couple of those pictures...like the one of you and I on some ride...and the family one of all of us. Looking forward to this summer and all the fun stuff going on!!!
Post a Comment