This morning as I turned on Pandora to listen to Christmas music, while the kids were at school and Brett was at work, the laundry was going, and the dishes were ready to be washed...I was excited to begin the gift wrapping while home alone. But before doing so, I got on the computer to check the email and updated blog posts and came across this video:
She blessed mine this morning as I thought about my own life and how at times some things seem so stressful or hectic. I was given a morning of reflection and a renewed sense of gratitude to my Savior for my testimony, my life, my family, EVERYTHING I am given...including the things I struggle with! Those trials and hard moments are what build us...strengthen us...help us turn to the Savior!
As I sat at the computer and looked out the window I FELT my Savior's love and could not help but take these photos of the beautiful things and the beautiful day our Heavenly Father has created for us!
He LOVES each one of us and knows each of our lives...our accomplishments, our worries, our struggles, EVERYTHING about us! He gave us a Savior to help us through so we can return to live with Him some day!
I love this time of year to focus more on our Savior. This year I have tried to study more about that first Christmas morning when the Savior was born. I have been reading about what it would have been like to be there...studied each one of the people present there. The question was asked in a book I am reading..."Who would you have wanted to be on that day?" Mary, Joseph, the wise men, the angel, the shepherds? What would you have felt?
Christmas is a wonderful time of the year! It is a time of giving. In General Conference this October, Elder M. Russell Ballard said, "We are simply asking all members to pray, knowing that if every member, young and old, will reach out to just "one" between now and Christmas, millions will fell the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what a wonderful gift to the Savior."
WOW! What a wonderful challenge! Just reach out to one! I have tried to incorporate that in my Christmas season this year. I want to give that gift to my Savior! When we begin looking for someone to reach out to we forget about our own worries and anxieties! We realize there are so many people that have it worse than us. We begin to be more grateful for our own challenges and struggles. We turn to our Savior and recognize His love for us!
As you read this I hope you too can take on this challenge.
I want to pray for someone each day that I can help!
I want to pray for those that have lost a loved one!
I want to pray for those that want to add to their family! (You can click on their link at the top of my page!)
I want to look for someone who just needs a smile or a hug each day!
I want to make a difference in someone's life!
I want them to know there are better days ahead! That Heavenly Father does love them and knows their pains!
I want to be that instrument Heavenly Father needs me to be to help someone know they are loved!
I want to speak kinder words, not judge others, be grateful for what I have!
I want to cherish every day with my family!
I want to enjoy the silly things!
I want to remember the great extended family and friends we are blessed with!
I want to remember that I don't know what battles each person is facing and love them for who they are and not judge them!
I want to be forgiving like the Savior forgives!
I want to give a gift to the Savior this year at Christmas time and each day of my life!





No comments:
Post a Comment