I know...PUMPKINS...that was last fall! I am attempting to continue getting caught up!
"Family traditions are like spiritual and emotional cement in the foundation of a happy home. They create fond memories, and these memories bond us together as nothing else can."-March 1986 Ensign
I love traditions! We have tried to make traditions a big part of our family life! There are things we love doing together as a family. Some have continued year to year. Painting pumpkins is one of them. We plant our own pumpkins and whatever we find in the garden is what we work with.
Some have expanded the painting to try carving. I love to watch the "carvers" reach in and pull out the "guts". With that always comes some sort of face as their hands feel those slimy insides!
There is never a lack of creativity on this night that comes once a year.
Lots of thought goes into their creations!
None are alike!
The kids always want to see what dad has come up with!
We wanted him to "smile" better for the picture so we could see how happy he was to be painting pumpkins and this is what we got in the next two attempts!
We could not quit laughing! He is a great dad and always keeps us laughing!
The rest of the masterpieces!
The whole crew of pumpkins!
The decorated front steps that welcome visitors during that fall season!
What kind of traditions do you enjoy with your family?
No comments:
Post a Comment