Sunday, July 5, 2009

GOAL Accomplished!

My goal at the beginning of 2009 was to run in a 5k race this year...and I accomplished it! Actually, Brett and I accomplished it together this weekend. We ran in the Liberty Run in Rexburg on July 4th! At the beginning of the year I started running on my treadmill. I would do good for a few days and then miss days and that was the cycle. I finally asked Brett if he would do it with me so I was accountable to someone and had someone to work at my goal with! He agreed and it has been so fun doing this together! Through the winter months we had to resort to the treadmill because it was too cold to run outside! The best part about this was leaving notes for each other each time we ran! I loved going to the treadmill for my next run just to see what Brett had wrote to me!
Long story short...we didn't run it to be the fastest or to win the race! We did it for US and to try and be healthier and make exercise an important part of our lives again! We have had good weeks and bad weeks! Two goals for me in running this race was running this 3.2 miles in less than 40 minutes and not to walk at any part of the race. GUESS WHAT!!!! We did just that! We ran the race in 37:58 minutes and we DIDN'T walk once! It was such a great feeling to set some goals and accomplish them! The best part was doing it TOGETHER~! Brett was a great sport and ran with me the entire way! I know he could have done it faster, but we stayed right together and ran across the finish line together!
Here is a picture BEFORE the race...
Here is a picture AFTER the race...
We really enjoyed it and I think there will be more in the future! My mom brought the kids over to meet us when we were finished and Conner wants to try and run one! I think that is exciting! It has been a process...4 months ago we couldn't run a whole mile without having to stop and walk! It has been exciting to see the progress! Thanks again, Brett, for helping my accomplish my goal and being by my side through the whole thing! I LOVE that man!
After the race we went to the parade with our kids, my mom, and Rob, Lindsay, and Camri! This weekend we also spent with friends on Friday and Saturday night at BBQs at their homes and firework shows! Thanks so much James and Becky and Congers for the fun evenings with your families and friends! It is nice to have great friends to hang out with! Hope everyone had a happy 4th!

15 comments:

robcallfamily said...

Good Job on your race. It always feels good to accomplish a goal! I am glad you and Brett could do it together.

Angie Robison said...

WAY TO GO!!!!! You guys inspire me!!!

Team Hanni said...

YAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I thought about you guys yesterday morning and hoped you loved every step of it. What a huge accomplishment you have now checked off of your list. Jeff read your post too and said how great it was - I'm hoping he will decide to leave me a note here and there on the treadmill - how absolutely adorable! I love it, I love it, I love it!

Congrats! I can't wait to hear when your next race is!

Kayle said...

Way to go and reach pass your GOALS! Cute family picture on top of the blog.

Wayne and Dora said...

WOW!!!I'm so proud of you! That is so cool that you did that together. I just told Wayne I want to climb Ensign Peak while I'm here, so now you have just inspired me!

The Foster Bunch said...

Good Job!!! I am so glad you got to do it, and do it together. It is always a great thing to accomplish a goal. Good Job again!!!

Nat and Justin said...

Ahhh...I am so proud of you guys! That is so awesome. Good job Tiff and way to go Bretty! Love you guys! Hopefully we'll see you this weekend then? Window partay! :)

Diana said...

You both are AWESOME! Reading your story makes me smile so big because you are exactly where I was a year ago! I did my first race on July 4th weekend and did it in about the same time (even running the whole way)! I know how difficult it is to start running and I'm very very proud of you! All your future races will be much easier! The first is always the hardest! Way to go, you guys!

Winegar Family said...

Way to go you two!! That's awsome that you made your goals. It gives you such a sense of accomplishment and makes you want to set more goals. Just be careful, it gets addicting. Darrin likes to go for short runs with us too.

weloveadoption said...

Good job on your run and meeting your goal. It looks like your 4th of July was fun.

Harris Family said...

Such an awesome accomplishment!! Great job-keep it up! You are an inspiration to many by fulfilling and sharing this goal with all of us! Thank you! Hope to see you at the 24th fun run!!

johnandjana said...

You two were awesome! I was glad to see that you did it. I know how important it was and I was glad I could help a little bit with the kids. You are great examples to us all and great parents to your children. Keep up the good work. Love you all!

The Rigby Bunch said...

Way to go Brett and Tiffany! You guys are such an inspiration to Rowdy and I. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend! AND cute pics, especially your family pic!

Poulsen Family said...

Good job! Isn't it such a fun hobby to do together?!

Tamsen said...

Good for you, Tiff. I talked my husband into doing a little triathlon with me last summer and it was a lot of fun. I think it's better to set those kinds of goals with a partner; and especially fun to accomplish a goal like that with your sweetheart. This blog post inspires me to dust off the treadmill once again! :-)