Youth Conference was this last weekend! We had such a great time! Hailey's dad let us borrow their bus and guess who got to be the bus driver...that's right...my SWEETIE!
We needed someone in the ward that had a CDL with a passenger endorsement. And since Brett used to drive the Logan City Bus...he qualified! I loved having him come on this trip with us!We have the most awesome youth in our ward! We took 14 girls and 10 boys and they were terrific! Here's a little run-down of our conference:
- Ghost towns in Montana-Virginia City and Nevada City

- Lewis and Clark Caverns-2 miles of cool caves

- Yummy Food
- Super fireside by the bishop and his wife and testimonies following it
- NINJA-great game the kids taught us (along with a card game called Egyptian Rat-Screw) Anybody that knows me knows I LOVE to play games!

- Don't forget my cute cousins and their side-kick, Jacob, who was the MC on the bus! What a kid!
- Hanging out with terrific leaders (there were more, but I didn't get their pics)

- Learning more about great youth!
- Last, but not least, having a couple of "love-birds" that got teased the entire trip!
I love being in the young womens and getting to know all of these kids! They are terrific! Thanks again, mom, for keeping our kids!
9 comments:
HOW FUN, I loved youth conferences growing up. Looks like you guys had a blast. Love the pics of your kids on the side.
I'm glad you had such a good time. The youth are wonderful. Now you know why I loved being a Young Women leader for so many years. The kids were really good and we had a great time.
Our ward YM & YW did the same thing about 3 years ago. We had a blast. We stayed at one of the leaders cabing is Island Park and then did the same thing. It was great. I loved the Lewis and Clark caverns. The kids will always remember it.
Now I see why you weren't in any of the family pictures at the "Johnson Party" on Saturday. That was a smart move! Looks like you had a great time.
Looks like fun. That is cool that Brett got to drive the bus.
When do we get to go back! Rowdy and I loved it! It was so fun being with the youth and getting to hang out with such great friends! Thanks for planning it all for us Tiff, and Brett thanks for being such a great bus driver(even though I didn't get to ride for too long on the bus).
Oh this makes me a little homesick. Looks like you had a great time. Your youth are so lucky to have such a fun group of leaders!!! P.S. this is mandi not weston
Fun times! Sounds like you guys had a blast. I hear the Lewis and Clark Caverns are awesome! Is it kid friendly? Yes I am planning on going to the reunion, but I also have a bunch of family coming that weekend, so it depends on last minute plans. Are you guys going?
Those kids sure are lucky to have you as a leader. That looks like it was tons of fun.
Post a Comment