Friday, March 19, 2010

Remodeling COMPLETED!

I will warn you! There are a lot of posts, but some people wanted to see our basement after we finished it! We have finished it and have just a few more "to dos" inside before all of the snow melts and the "outside work" begins! Ready for the transformation...Featuring our basement.
The bathroom scared me the most! I had a hard time believing that we could really fix this room! It was in need of a TON of work. The construction guys even cut out the cement floor and had to pour a new floor after they put all new plumbing underneath the floor! When they cut the old floor out, they forgot to turn my heat off. I got home that day to a THICK layer of white EVERYWHERE upstairs from the old concrete. The furnace had sucked all of the dust and cement particles upstairs! Now that was a chore! We gutted this whole room and started completely over! The bathroom NOW...I had chosen a different tile initially for the bathroom...that is another story itself, but this one is growing on me!

9 comments:

MANDY said...

WOW! That looks amazing. Grandma would be so proud. They all look great. I bet it is so fun to have it finished. Now you can come do my house.

Sid and Kelli said...

You have done a FABULOUS job. What a challenging job. You guys are amazing and your whole family looks like they deserve to prop up the feet for awhile and just drink lemonade.

The Rigby Bunch said...

LOVE IT TIFF!! I agree with Kelli...prop those feet up and enjoy all those fun new rooms!! Nice job painting and decorating, looks like so much fun!

Shawnee said...

It looks awesome, you should have been on a home makeover show. Congrats you guys, I bet you love having more space.

The Foster Bunch said...

WOW, is the word that just keeps coming into my mind. It looks amazing. I can not believe how different it is. I still am going to have to come and see it in person. All I can say is you guys did an amazing job!!!

Lacey and Zach said...

Tiff you guys did a great job on your basement. Its amazing what some elbow grease and hard work will do. Awesome job! I love the colors you chose. They look so nice.

voleen.blogspot.com said...

I can't believe it. My Grandma and Grandpa wouldn't know the place.What a talent.So happy for you and your little family to have such a sweet home. It sure was a answer to my prayers when you called and said you were interested in it.So proud to see how you have fix it up and it still remains in the Family. Thank you for touching my heart today.

Angie Robison said...

IT LOOKS GREAT!!!! You need to go in the remodeling business. It looks terrific. How much fun to have a new fun house..

Jenny B said...

Looks like a lot of work paid off! You guys did a great job! I am having a hard time deciding where to put pictures in our new house that we moved into right before Christmas-I can't imagine the amount of work you had to do. Great job!