Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's NOT about LUCK!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Hope you all have your green on today or watch out for those pinches!
The other morning while I was on the treadmill I was reading a conference talk given by President Uchtdorf. In his talk he quoted President Monson and that quote has stuck with me this week! I have thought about it a lot and love what he said. He quotes President Monson by saying, "It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we'll make the effort. It is the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals. If we constantly put our goals off, we will never see them fulfilled."
President Uchtdorf also says, "When our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer-no matter how eloquent the oration."
I have learned over the last year as I have been setting a goal to become healthier and more in shape how true these two statements are! The things I have learned are...



  • We first have to set specific goals in order for them to happen.


  • We have to ASK Heavenly Father to help us-no matter what kind of goal it is.


  • We have to do OUR part; we can't expect Heavenly Father to help us if we just merely WISH to change something!


  • We will have good and bad days along the way, but we have to do our best and just keep going!

I am not one to "journal" my progress on my exercise goals, but today I want to share something FUN I have been doing that might inspire someone who reads this to "KEEP GOING" or "START" one of their goals! Last year and this year I have been working on running on my treadmill. I decided I needed to "mix" it up a little bit so I don't get burned out. I have started going to ZUMBA! Talk about a great workout-so much fun and so many people at different ages and levels! The energy is so high while you are there that the hour flies by and you are literally dripping sweat when you are done! It is very rejuvenating! This is only my second week, but I am loving it and loving the variety of exercise along with my treadmill!

To all of you who have set goals this year and maybe have "put them on the back-burner"...today is your LUCKY day! You can start now! Don't wait for tomorrow, or the beginning of the week, or when you are less busy, or summer, or whatever the excuse may be! (Believe me...I have used them all myself!) Start TODAY! It will make you a happier person! I know it to be true!

6 comments:

The Foster Bunch said...

I have heard of Zumba were do you do it? It sounds like a lot of fun, and it is new which is even better. Good job on your goals, it is always nice to set a goal and work towards it.

robcallfamily said...

I want to come sometime! It sounds way fun...I love that kind of stuff! Nice work on your goals, you have done awesome!

Shawnee said...

Fun, I do zumba too. It's a great way to burn some calories, I just have to make sure I don't reward my hard work with a piece of cake :)

johnandjana said...

What great advice! I have the praying down really well for help. Now, I need to get out of the wagon and move forward. I just need to start!!! Thanks for being such an awesome daughter and always for all your help. I love you!

weloveadoption said...

Great advice! Thanks for sharing and good job on your goals. I have heard Zumba is way fun. Maybe I will have to try it sometime.

Team Hanni said...

FUN! Are you taking a Zumba class or do you do it at home? I've heard it's so much fun. Way to go!