I LOVE being a MOM!!!!!
The night before Mother's Day, Brett and I went out on a date. I had asked Conner to put the kids to bed at 8:30 because we had church the next morning. We got home about 11:00 and ALL of the lights were still on and I could see two little heads out of the window. My first thought was, "Why are the kids not in bed? Conner always puts them to bed when asked." We walked in the house and I heard Bryce giggling and telling the others, "Get the cards; mom is home!"
I walked up the stairs and noticed the kitchen was SPOTLESS! I headed to the living room and found each of the kids holding one of these signs standing in a line...
I could not believe it!!! I had helped at the Floral Shop for two days and had done NO housework because it was so busy! While we were on our date, our 4 kids had cleaned the ENTIRE house...bedrooms, dishes, swept, dusted, EVERYTHING! It was the best Mother's Day gift EVER! Their comment was, "Mom, that took us the whole time you were gone-3 hours! How do you clean so fast?" I just laughed and told them they always help me and we get done fast! They sure surprised me and what a wonderful gift to come home to and have a clean home on Sunday!
Two wonderful gifts that I have...
#1)Being married to this super-duper guy who made me a mother! I won't get all mushy because he thinks the blog is not the place for it!
#2)These four great kids! Being a mom is one of my greatest blessings! I couldn't ask for anything more! They are what MATTER!
I think part of the reason I enjoy being a mother so much is for my mother's great example! She ALWAYS makes us feel loved and has always supported us! She continues to be a great mother even after we have moved out! What a blessing to watch her example!
I had a great Mother's Day and got to spend it with these two wonderful ladies who are Christ-like examples to me in their mothering and grandmothering! What a divine role to be a mother and grandmother! They mean the world to me and I love them both!
I hope I can be a great mother and teach these two that being a mother is one of the greatest blessings and to LOVE it and to CHERISH every day! They will make great mothers someday too!
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! My thoughts and prayers were with those that long to be a mother as well! I know many great women who would love to be a mother and I know they will be when the time is right!
(I am kind of caught up now...I have posted more posts below! Happy reading!)








2 comments:
Tiff I would have to say that is the best mothers day any mom could ask for. What great kids. You should be so proud of them, and I know you are. That is the sweetest gift ever. I couldn't help but notice all those blue eyes in your picture with your kiddos. Wow, that is awesome! Your family is cute, you hubby, awesome, and your mom, amazing.
What great kids!
Post a Comment