Heather and I went down the first day. It was Heather's first time down there. It was our girls' weekend and Heather had planned this as part of our activities. Some of the girls couldn't come down until the second day and some couldn't come at all because of little babies. My mom helped out with Lindsay's kids so she could attend the second day and come down with Courtney. Here is a picture of Heather and I while in the Marriot with thousands of ladies!
Heather's Aunt-in-law was kind enough to let us stay at her house while down there for the conference. Courtney's sister is down there going to school so she spent the night with her and we met up with her the next morning. At Heather's aunt's house there was a queen-sized bed and then a couch for us to sleep on. We were being silly and decided all 3 of us could fit in the bed! It was a silly night and we laughed as we took this picture of us all in our glasses ready for bed!
Pictures from the second day of conference. This first one is in the morning before the conference began.
This one is before the last speaker. (I usually end up having to take my contacts out and put my glasses on before Women's Conference ends...I usually cry in a few sessions! I love the spirit that is felt there! Me, Courtney, Lindsay, and Heather)
The conference was very uplifting! I always leave there "re-fueled" and ready to take on life with a renewed desire to focus on the things that matter most! The theme this year was "By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass-Alma 37:6-7." I wish I could share all of my notes-I loved it all, but I will just share a few of my top highlights...
- Small and simple forms of prayer bring great things to pass. We all need God. If our troubles take us to God then those troubles are a blessing.
- Attending the temple and sacrificing may not give us the answers we want but will change us for the better. We can not go home and change ANYONE but OURSELVES!
- We may not receive what we have asked from Heavenly Father, but be thankful for what He does give us!
- Date nights help us see a different perspective of our spouse. Do the things your spouse enjoys doing instead of what you always want to do!
- It takes work to see what someone else sees. You give whatever it takes to make your marriage work and don't keep track! (No tally marks!)
- Don't discuss your spouse's negative marks with ANYONE but your spouse! (Not friends, not family, not parents)
- Show in action that your spouse is your #1 priority! BE LOYAL!
- How do we want to be remembered...As women of God or women of the world?
- The true test comes when we make a mistake, pick ourselves up, repent and change! We never know when we will leave this mortality so we must strive to live day by day in a righteous manner.
- A challenge that was given to the young women by the general young women leaders, but given as a challenge for all of us to follow...called the PROS...1.(P)-Pray every day. 2.(R)-Read 5 minutes every day from the Book of Mormon. 3.(O)-Obey the Strength of Youth Pamphlet. 4.(S)-SMILE every day!-I loved this challenge!
- We all experience joy and adversity. Through it all the only constant thing is our Savior. Miracles happen when we humble ourselves and do the small and simple things we have been asked to do!
- We have become to social in visiting teaching and lacking in sharing the gospel message with the sisters we visit. We NEED to share the gospel message with ALL of them!
- Learn from the Relief Sociey sisters from the past and their strengths-make them my strengths and pass the legacy on to my daughters and granddaughters.
- Our roles include wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend-They are non-negotiable responsibilities-part of the plan from the beginning. We can't trade these roles-we knew them before we came to earth. These roles are a gospel choice not a lifestyle choice. Heavenly Father will help us with these roles.
- "Think to Thank"-An attitude or expression of gratitude protects us from discouragement and makes people enjoy being around us. Our expression of gratitude can be our gift to Heavenly Father.
- Blessed are those who give without remembering and blessed are those who receive without forgetting!
- Gratitude for the atonement-Without the atonement there would be no hope! Without the atonement we have nothing. Because of the atonement we have EVERYTHING that MATTERS!
- Turn to Heavenly Father when we have a problem-don't turn to other things!
- When we truly see ourselves as Heavenly Father sees us we can love ourselves-then we can love our family the way they deserve to be loved!
- Reduce the rush! Take time to take a walk, watch the sunset, enjoy the beauty! As a mother we are an example to our children; no matter what stage of motherhood we are in.
- If we have an attitude of "Life is too hard" we WON'T be happy! Some things may be hard, but nothing is too hard with the help of Heavenly Father.
- Learn to love our children as God loves them! Heavenly Father knows we love our children, do our children know? Am I taking time to show them? The time we spend with our children is NEVER wasted time!
- Patterns help eliminate waste! The world promises "BIG RESULTS" fast (instant gratification, fast weight loss, lottery-big winnings...)The Lord enables one by one, line upon line, the small and simple things that become patterns and habits bring about the greatest blessings!
- One quiet feeling I got from the Holy Ghost while in one class that I want to share...I am a small and simple thing that can help Heavenly Father's great plan be brought to pass! We are all individuals, but if we do our part we can help in the big scheme of things!
Oh, I almost forgot...to finish our Poulsen girls' weekend we went back to Heather's and met up with the rest of the ladies. We spent the night at her house visiting and then went shopping and to Olive Garden the next day!
I love girls' weekends! Thanks ladies for a fun weekend! I love you all!





2 comments:
It was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and we will for sure have to go again. I loved it!
Thanks for sharing your notes with us. What a great weekend for all you ladies!!!
Post a Comment