Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reward Ideas Anyone?

Ever since Brett and I have been married we have loved playing games...games with our families, games with friends, and games with just the two of us.  When we were first married, we played a board or card game almost every night just to take a break from school work (we were both still going to school).  It helped us unwind and it was just fun time together.  We go through different sperts of what games we play.  When we were first married we loved to play...
and we had it down to a half an hour to finish a game!  Over the years we have made it a more "friendly competition"!  You know...kind of like the NBA finals or the World Series!  We play a series of the same game over a period of time and whoever can win 10 games first wins the prize!  The prizes have been many things...ice cream, foot and back massages, extra dates, some prizes have even benefitted both of us...some have been more creative than others!
Now our game of choice is...
Now some may be thinking-SCRABBLE!  How boring!  Isn't that for old people!  No way!  Brett used to think it was boring until I had him play it with me one night and now it is one of our favorites!  We even bought a dictionary specifically for our Scrabble games!  We have had to call Brett's dad a few times to be the referee to decide if a word we were using was really a word!  (He LOVES Scrabble!)  Brett now has an "app" on his phone that we look up a word when it is challenged!
We don't get to play it every night like we used to when there was just the two of us!  We usually play Sunday evenings after our kids are in bed and maybe once or twice more in a week if we are lucky!  (Sidenote-we have always put our kids to bed at early times so we can enjoy time with each other before we are tired and ready for bed!  I would recommend it to anyone!)  Okay, back to my task at hand!
So anyway, we now have been having big Scrabble tournaments and it takes us quite awhile to win 10 games-usually over the course of a few months.  Last night we played a game and before the game the score was 9 to 7 (me as 9)!  At the end of the game the
was MMMMMEEEE!  Brett was not happy at all!  I won the last tournament!  He was determined to not get beat last night, but I beat him by 8 points-close game!  Now this is where your part comes in...I am trying to think of what my reward should be this time for winning!  I am out of creative ideas!  I need some help!  I told him I would let him know in a couple of days what my prize would be for winning!  So help me out-throw your ideas my way-as many as you would like!  It might spark my brain to come up with "great reward" this time! 
Thanks for helping me out!  (Oh, and you should start this at your house!  It is really quite fun!  Who knows, you might find a new game you like playing!  And it's better than watching tv!)

4 comments:

The Foster Bunch said...

I would say another trip to Hawaii!! No, honestly you have done a lot of fun things, and what a great idea. We might have to try this. Good luck!!!Make it a good one. You deserve it for that many games of Scrabble.

Patty said...

Ooooo! Rewards! My Specialty! A weekend of making dinner and doing dishes. A pack of gum. New flip flops. Trip to Yellowstone. 3 wins ahead on the nest tourney. So you get that nice head start. That would be fun.... um.... scrapbook stuff. Cookies. Diamonds. A grand piano. Day at the spa in Vail Colorado.... sky's the limit here Tiff.

GardinerGang said...

The first thing that came to mind would be for Brett to take the kids away from the house for the day. Just make sure he's got all the laundry done and the house cleaned before he leaves. Picture it---you alone to do whatever you want to do with my favorite sound---SILENCE. Take a nap, dance naked, nibble on chocolate dipped strawberries, etc. Ahhh the joy!

johnandjana said...

Okay, Tanya's idea sounded fun until I pictured her dancing naked. Ha Ha!
Pick something that you have always wanted to do and never been able to do. Make the boy suffer a bit for losing sooo much!