Some days I feel like I have been napping
and not keeping up with my blog (I've been playing in the sunshine instead) so today while it's raining a little, I have put on 3 posts to get "caught up" if you can call it that! I post and then there is always more I want to post about! Anyway, read on! There are 3 posts below!
YYEEAAHH! School is out for summer and a longer summer for us this year!
Our school doesn't start again until SEPTEMBER 6th! They changed our school calendar to help with the budget and added 15 minutes to each school day and cut off a bunch of our school days. We are starting school after Labor Day and will get out a week after Memorial Day (which the getting out part won't change) but starting later is AWESOME! It is always so hot in August and it will be nice to enjoy it as part of summer break. I am ok with them going into June instead of getting out before Memorial Day because the beginning of June is still always colder!
We took pictures of the kids the last day of school this year, as well as the first day! It is fun to look at them and see how much they have grown and changed over the school year! Here is a peek of their school year pics-the beginning of school last fall and the end of school this June! Take a look:
Conner-fall of this last year:
Conner-end of school this June:
Malorie-beginning
Malorie-ending
Kallie-beginnning
Kallie-ending
Oh, we can't forget Bryce! He wasn't in school but we just gave him a "summer buzz" so here is the picture before he got his haircut...
and after...
(Sidenote about Bryce-He wanted to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels-I think for two reasons...He was the only one in our family still with training wheels on his bike and his cousin Tanner learned this summer and they are the same age. Both were motivating factors, I think.)
Malorie took him outside a few days ago and told him to get on Kallie's bike without training wheels. She took him to the road and held on to the handle bars while he pedaled. To be honest, I didn't think it would work that quickly. I looked out the window a few minutes later and he was riding down the road all by himself with Malorie laughing and running behind!
I had two emotions-YEah, he learned it! I can't believe it! ...and... Malorie, help him! He won't know how to stop or turn! She helped him a little more that day and when Brett got home we took the training wheels off of his bike! Now he is riding non-stop! Reality check-My kids are growing up! No more training wheels in this family! I...
having my kids home for the summer! I love our summer and that we didn't jam-pack it full of "events"! We are just enjoying every day of it! We have some fun things planned, but we are also enjoying some days at home just playing and doing what we want and enjoying our evenings together as a family!
The one thing I have noticed is my grocery bill!
It goes up in the summer! With kids home and not at school, there is always someone hungry and lots more snacks throughout the day! The one thing I love though, is the bountiful baskets! We eat lots of fruits and vegetables!
Hope you are enjoying your summer!
Soak up the sunshine while it is here! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Have a great day! (Two posts below!)
No comments:
Post a Comment