Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grandparents' Day!

Monday was Grandparents' Day at our elementary school.  The kids got to invite their grandparents to come for cookies and milk.  The PTO president picked a few kids in the school to read a poem about grandparents.  Kallie was asked to read one of the poems about grandmas.
This is the poem she read:
GRANDMA'S HUGS ARE MADE OF LOVE!
Everything my grandma does
is something special made with love.
She take time to add the extra touch
that says, "I love you very much."

She fixes hurts with a kiss and smile
and tell good stories grandma-style.
It's warm and cozy on her lap
for secret telling or a nap.

And when I say my prayer at night,
I ask God to bless and hold her tight.
Cause when it comes to giving hugs
my grandma's arms are filled with love!

Before having milk and cookies with the grandparents, they had the kids get their pictures taken with their grandparents.  Bryce and Kallie got to have Grandpa Poulsen and Grandma and Grandpa Johnson come.
We missed Grandma Poulsen.  She was down in Lewiston visiting my sister, Heather, and her family for a few days!
Grandparents are such a special part of our lives.  We are so glad to live so close to both sets of our kids' grandparents!  The only grandparent Brett and I have left between the two of us is my Grandma Poulsen...we call her Grandma Grace now so it is not confusing to our kids.
My Grandma Grace is a special lady!  She always says the most positive things and has a love for the gospel.  She has a strong testimony and shares it with everyone!  We only get to see her about once a year.  She lives in Washington with my aunt and uncle.  Each year in May she comes to my parents' home and stays for about a week.  We love it when she comes!  She is a beautiful lady, a talented pianist, and she always says the nicest things and makes you feel very loved and special!  She has always called me "Tiffy".
I love all of my grandparents and Brett's grandparents.  I got to know all of his, except his Grandpa Johnson.  We miss them dearly, but we love knowing we will get to see them again some day!  That is a wonderful part of the gospel...knowing families can be forever!  I look forward to the day when I get to see all of them again!  They hold a special place in my heart! 
I love living in my grandparents' home and the legacy it carries!  Some day I want to be a terrific grandparent to my grandkids...just like my kids' grandparents are to them!

No comments: