Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kicking Back!

This weekend was opening weekend of Yellowstone Park. Brett, Conner, Brett's brother Mike, and Brett's dad Wayne loaded up early Friday morning and headed into the park! One "perk" of becoming an "old geyser" is your "Golden Age Pass" which gets you and your carload into all of the national parks free! Wayne loves this card! (Just so you know...I wouldn't call him an "old geyser"; he was the clever one and covered up faithful!) The weather was perfect for a drive through the park and to enjoy a picnic lunch at Old Faithful. Mike brought cheeseburger doritos that Brett and Conner said were "interesting"!
They were disappointed not to see a bear or wolves, but they did see a fair share of animals. Take your places everyone...which rock would you like?
That afternoon Wayne and Mike went home. They dropped Conner and Brett off at our friends' cabin where we were spending the night. The other kids and I came up later that day to spend the night at the cabin! Thanks Congers for offering us your cabin! It was a treat for our family. We took a ton of games and yummy food and just relaxed and enjoyed our weekend! The girls kicked back after a game of Apples to Apples Junior!
The cabin had a loft with beds and a tv room and fun toys for the kids to play with! We really liked the clever stair railing! Check it out!
They also had a Wii up there and we all enjoyed some fun games of fishing and bowling on it! Brett was frustrated that I was beating him at fishing!
Concentrating really hard to catch the "Big One"!
On Saturday we started to drive to Big Springs to see the fish and feed them, but the road was covered with a 5 foot wall of snow! We didn't think about that~! Maybe later this spring! We had a great weekend and enjoyed our time as a family!
Hope you enjoyed yours!

6 comments:

Wayne and Dora said...

What a fun post. I loved the picture of the "old geyser". We'll have to frame that one! Wayne wanted me to go, but I decided it would be a good "bonding" day for the boys. Sounds like they had a good time. Glad you were able to join them at the cabin.

johnandjana said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I wish we had a family cabin. I think I would be there all the time. Tell Brett sorry that he got beat at fishing. It seems like he has lost at quite a few things lately. Ha Ha1 Still waiting for Coldstone.

Debi and Craig said...

How fun!! There is nothing more fun to me than a weekend at the cabin! Thanks for sharing!
Debi

Harris Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I absolutely love that whole area up there. I can't wait to drive through the park this year.

weloveadoption said...

Sounds like lots of fun. What a cute picture of all 4 of your kids.

The Rigby Bunch said...

Okay so I'm jealous!! What a fun weekend! I thought about Brett and Connor when I heard that Yellowstone was opening up. I think it's neat that they always go up opening day! You're a fun family!!