Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Conference Time

I always love listening to General Conference. This year we were at my sister Heather's home during conference. We scrapbooked while listening. Brett made a quick trip down and shared Sunday with us...I couldn't ask for anything better! I commented to Brett about how many talks were on families and our responsibilities! Conference always makes me want to try harder and do better...I just have to remember to pick a couple of things to work on or it can be very overwhelming!
Here are four quotes that stuck out to me at conference this time:
  • Doing one's duty is a manifestation of one's faith.
  • The only real control in life is SELF-CONTROL.
  • The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
  • A distraction doesn't have to be evil to be effective.

I can't wait to get the May Ensign to read all of the talks again. That always helps me learn more by reading them! I am grateful to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to have a living prophet and leaders who can help direct us in the paths we should follow! We have to do our part and find the right path to follow!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Hmmm So Jeffery R. Holland is your favorite speaker too? Conference was awesome.

Sid and Kelli said...

I noticed that too. It seemed like there was a huge push for us parents to make sure we teach our kids and make sure they know who they are. Sure puts pressure on us but is a great reminder. Hope you had fun at your sisters!