Sunday, September 12, 2010

Enjoying The Outdoors!

This weekend the weather has been beautiful and we have taken advantage of it!  Saturday...I made my other goal!  At the beginning of the year I set a goal to run a 5k this year.  I have been wanting to run one all summer and I hadn't found one that works with our schedule until this weekend!  I ran the Rolling Hills 5k in Rexburg.  This race starts at the middle school and heads south and then takes you up the new university drive and the temple hill and then back down to the school.
This is before the race started.  I was pretty nervous because I didn't have a "buddy" to run with this year, and I was nervous about the hills.  (Note, my sister Lindsay has been running with me this summer and I am grateful she helped me all summer.  It didn't work for her to run this with me though.  My honey, kids, mom, and Lindsay and her girls were there to cheer me on!  They were a great support!  Thanks guys!)
My goal was to run the whole thing again and to beat my time from the 5k I ran last year!  I did BOTH!  I was so excited to run the whole thing AND beat my time because of the hills in this one!  I beat my time from last year by almost 2 minutes!  It was a good feeling!  This is at the end of the race. 
Conner asked me what place I got.  I told him I didn't know and that part didn't matter to me.  I wasn't in it to "race" the other people; I was in it to beat myself and meet my goals I had set! 
Today we had stake conference.  After lunch we were trying to decide what to do with our afternoon.  Both sets of grandparents were out of town and it was gorgeous outside...so we decided to take a drive to Mesa Falls.  On our way up we realized we hadn't taken our kids there for a LONG time...Kallie and Bryce didn't think they had ever been there and I think they were right!  It is so pretty up there!  Here are some pictures of the falls...
Our family....
Our kids...
Me and my honey-bunny!...
In the visitors' center...don't let the moose eat you!  Haha!
We have fun being together as a family!  We have to enjoy this nice weather before it sneaks away from us!(I have two more posts following this one that I just updated.)

9 comments:

Diana said...

Way to go, Tiff! I didn't do any 5K runs this year, and I'm a little bugged with myself! Granted, running the relay I did 5 times the distance of a 5k, but no actual 5K! Congrats on beating your time.

The Foster Bunch said...

Good Job Tiff!! Anytime you need a running partner let me know. I would have loved to come and ran it with you. That is awesome to have completed your goal!!

Brooke Bailey said...

Good for you Tiff! You are looking great!

Team Hanni said...

Why o why didn't we run together when I lived a bit closer??? I haven't run a race for a very long time. The 95 degrees + humidity is making racing just not happen, yet.

WAY to go on your race, WAY to go on beating your time. Those hills in Rexburg are brutal. That is a huge accomplishment to knock 2 minutes off.

Doesn't Mesa Falls have a race in the fall? I've heard it is one of the most gorgeous races in Idaho.

Nice work!!!

Shan Reid said...

Awesome job! Love the Mesa Falls pictures... can't wait to get back up home for a visit now that we are closer!

Sid and Kelli said...

Impressive and inspiring! You are an example about keeping your goals. I'm sure it feels good to accomplish it and thanks for encouraging the rest of us to accomplish ours!

johnandjana said...

Good job Tiff! You are an inspiration to me. I am very proud of you and all the goals that you have accomplished. keep up the good work. Maybe you could kick your Mom's butt and get her setting some goals. Beautiful day at Mesa!

Jenny B said...

Great pics of you cute family! I just put a bunch of my pictures on the computer so I better do something with them. Good job on the 5k! I hate running.

Destry and Liz said...

I know this was awhile ago, but I have been a horrible blogger! Way to go on the race! It always feels great when you can accomplish that stinkin temple hill! Congrats!