Thursday, September 30, 2010

Football Fans!

Fall is the time for football season.  Conner played 6th grade football this year.  He has loved his coach, Coach Olson, and loved his team!  As a mom you have to learn a new dialect when your son starts football.  Growing up you teach him to "be nice to other kids, don't hit or punch or hurt the other little kids, keep your hands to yourself, always treat others how you want to be treated"...then as they grow up and join sports like football, you hear..."hit him as hard as you can, knock him over, don't let him by you, tackle him hard, give him a good hit, plow him over"!
Conner has done a great job this year.  It is fun to watch them progress and become better at something as they practice and learn and grow in coordination!  Here are a few pictures from his season: (I didn't do a good job at taking my camera to the games...finally last night I took it and got a few shots.)
The captains shaking hands with the other team...
Conner has played wide receiver and defensive end and corner end this year.  Ready...
Set...
RUN!  Conner got a pass made to him and here he is running with the ball before getting tackled...
A couple of weeks ago we also got to enjoy South Fremont's High School homecoming!  They won!  YEAH!  The day of the game they had a homecoming parade.  Jaimie (my sister-in-law) and I took our little kids to the parade.  Malorie got to go with her class to the game.  She was sitting in another spot.  Here are the little cougar fans waiting for the parade to start! 
Bryce, Tyce, Jacie, Isilee, Kallie...
Jacie and Kallie are 5 months apart...
Bryce and Tyce are 11 days apart...
Cousins are great!
Conner got to be in the parade with the junior high student council.  He is on the Rachel's Challenge committee at his school.  Rachel Scott was the first victim in the Columbine High School shooting.  Her dad and others began this program to teach kids kindness and compassion is a chain reaction.  It is a program in our schools to focus on the good things kids do and to create a safe learning environment for all students by re-establishing civility and delivering proactive antidotes to school violence and bullying.
As Conner passed by in the parade, I looked over at my sister-in-law.  She had tears in her eyes and said, "He is growing up so fast!"  She laughed a little and said, "I am not even his mom and that makes me cry to see how big he is getting!"  We laughed!  Time goes fast and they do grow fast!  I am so grateful he is loving junior high.  He has made some great friends and loves his classes and his teachers!  That makes a difference!

2 comments:

johnandjana said...

I cried reading this and seeing how the cousins really do love each other. Conner is growing too fast and becoming quite the young man. Sorry I missed the game. I would have loved to see him catch that pass. But, it was fun to watch Jaran come of the plane. In fact, I just took him to lunch, just like old times.

robcallfamily said...

Conner you are awesome...what a stud! Its great to have so many loving cousins!