Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Fun!

Happy Halloween everyone from the Johnsons!  Bryce-the dragon, Malorie-the cat, Conner-the Zombie, and Kallie and mom-the "NICE" witches.
Saturday night was the trunk-or-treat.  We took the kids to it and then took them trick-or-treating to the older people in our ward that don't go to the trunk-or-treat!  They love having the kids come to their homes so they can see their costumes.  One lady even dropped little bags of candy off at our home earlier that day because she wasn't going to be home that night and she knew we come to visit her home every Halloween!  It was very nice of her!
Here are pictures at the trunk-or-treat.  The weather was perfect!  Camri and Taylie came to trunk-or-treat with us.  Taylie wasn't too excited for this picture! 
But she was happier here...
My brother, David's daughter, Nikida...
David, Heather, and Nikida enjoying their first trunk-or-treat as a cute little family...
Later that night we had family over for a potato bar...yummy, yummy food!  I think it is going to be a tradition!
One of my favorite parts is the "CANDY SWAP"!  I came home after a meeting at church and found this...
That's right...the candy swap!  Dumping out their buckets to see what they got and trading each other for things they like better...then sorting things in piles to see how many candy bars, suckers...etc!  I remember doing this as a kid too!
On Friday the girls had a Halloween parade at their school.  Here are a few pictures from there.  Kallie and Jacie are in the same kindergarten class...the witch and the fairy:
Cousin Bridger as a football player:
Malorie and her friend Jalyssa...the cat and Cindy Lou Who:
Jaimie and Isilee as pirates:
After the parade there was fun booths for the kids to go around to.
Earlier in the week, for young women's, we had a "Haunted House" at one of the leader's homes.  She had some spooky Halloween food to eat and fun games to play.   She had everyone dress up!  It was a lot of fun!  Here is a picture of the girls (we took these pictures before some of the girls got there):
And the leaders: (Back row-Jamie, Heather, Me, Lacey, Beth, Stacey Front row-Kelli and Hailee)
Hope you all had a great Halloween and are ready for November!

4 comments:

Shan Reid said...

Cute cute costumes. Looks like tons of fun!

johnandjana said...

What a fun Halloween. We enjoyed all of it. Thanks for including us. I used to do the candy swap when I was young also.

weloveadoption said...

"oh the candy swap" how I loved those days. I am sure it is pretty funny to watch now being the adult. Looks like you had a great Halloween.

Cari or Mitch Johnson said...

At my house we called it the candy swipe. While I was asleep big brother Brett would come in and swipe my candy leaving me nothing! :)Nice costumes though. We were sad we didn't get to see them.