What defines a FRIEND? When I was growing up, my parents taught me to be a friend to everyone...that didn't mean I had to agree with everyone's choices or follow what others were doing just to fit in, but to be NICE to everyone and treat them the way I want to be treated.
A friend shouldn't be defined by what clothes they wear, what they look like, where they live, how much money they make, what they drive, or what size their house is. Friendship shouldn't be shallow!
A friend should be accepted for who they are and not have to change! Friends come in all shapes and sizes and from all different walks of life...that is what makes life fun! We wouldn't all want to be the same!
But how do you teach your kids to be a friend to everyone, but to keep their standards high and have GOOD friends? How do you teach them not to judge others, but to make good decisions when it comes to friends? Do we catch ourselves as adults doing the same? Do we make choices "just to fit in" where we live? Are we the kind of friend we want to be?
I could list a ton of friends that I have had and have now that have influenced me for good and that have great qualities, but I don't want to miss anyone! I am just thankful for great friends and their influence (friends include some of my closest family members as well; not to mention my best friend, BRETT!)
What defines a FRIEND for YOU?


1 comment:
This has been my biggest challenge as a Mom. I am lucky I have a great daughter that is truly a good person and is always making me a better person. Forgive and Forget are the best two things anyone that wants to be a true friend can do. Also being available and there during the good and the bad. Those friends are hard to come by but cherished when you find them.
Post a Comment