We didn't get in as much golfing this summer as we hoped...SO...for Brett's birthday we golfed...twice! Once with the kids and once just him and I! The morning started out with the whole family attempting to golf.
Brett was the champion of this golf game. We took Brett to breakfast after our round of golf...or should I say our round of laughter!
It was Malorie's friend's birthday too so she shared the day with her dad and her friend; which meant she missed out on the present opening. (That's why she isn't in these pictures.) The kids love to each give a gift. They were pretty excited for Dad to open them. I find it funny...they always "call" to have the birthday person open their gift last!
The kids wanted to make their dad a candy bar poster, and this is what they came up with:
Notice Malorie's name didn't even get on the poster! They were going to have her sign her own name, but she was still gone when they gave him the poster!
I sure love this man with all of my heart! We love celebrating with him on his special day!
A month before his birthday he had ordered tickets to a dinner theater show near Heise. He loves getting on Z103 Friday mornings and seeing what their "half-off" deal is for the week. That happened to be one of them so we saved it for his birthday. We decided to play a round of golf at Heise before going to the dinner show. It was a par 3 course so we knew it wouldn't take long!
If there is one thing you probably don't want to do on your spouse's birthday it's beat him at golf!
WHOOPS! I didn't mean to; well, maybe I tried really hard and it happened! I got lucky though! On one hole I birdied it. For those of you that don't know much about golf...that means I hit less strokes than what is designated as the "number" of strokes for that hole. When I teed off my ball landed near the green. Then it was my turn again and I chipped it in! I screamed quite loud...loud enough A LOT of people heard me! WHOOPS again! You are supposed to be pretty quiet on the golf course! We both couldn't believe it happened. I was quite a ways away from the hole and IT WENT IN! I think we were both in shock! Due to that score on that hole (and maybe a couple of other good holes) I beat him by 2 strokes!
I think he still loved me after that game! haha!
The dinner show was a blast! We got to ride a horse-drawn wagon, watch a "wild west" show, eat a delicious meal, and be entertained by singers and musicians!
We hope he had a super birthday because that super man deserved a super birthday!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Brett! You guys look great! So happy!
Post a Comment